I have very bad depression and ptsd,what do I do to get through this very difficult time

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys i have very bad depression and ptsd idk how do I cope with it and how do I work through my ptsd I miss my mom she passed away in October of 2020 from stage 4 cancer

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. It must be very difficult for you. I still miss both of my parents terribly and they passed in 2017 and 2007. I can’t even listen to certain music because I lose it every time. So I understand what you are going through .

The thing that keeps me going is my family that includes my grown kids and my grandchildren. I spend as much time as I can with them. but they have their own lives also. I am divorced so I had to dig myself out of the utter loneliness I felt.

Do you have anyone to talk to about how you were feeling? Family? Friends? Counselor?

Some things I found to be very helpful .........

1. I would definitely suggest speaking with a counselor or therapist who is there to listen and help you manage the PTSD. I have one that I talk to every couple weeks and I do it right at home virtually. It’s very helpful! I also have generalized anxiety so that’s another reason I have the counselor.
    2. Another things that I felt helpful and would most likely help you is that I stayed as busy as I could. Helping other people takes the focus off of myself and it’s a great feeling knowing that I did something for another person who needed some kind of help. Any volunteer position would give you a sense of purpose and to keep you busy.
    3. Get outdoors as much as you can especially in the beautiful weather! Join a local walking group, enjoy the peace of nature.
    4. Spend Time with positive upbeat people. You don’t have to be around a lot of people. Maybe one or two people you enjoy. Socialization is important and getting you back on track. Find time to laugh and smile even at the simplest things. don’t spend your days being alone all the time.
    5. Join a PTSD support group that is local.
    6. Eat A healthy diet. Alcohol tends to make matters worse.
    7. Practice relaxation techniques or meditations to relax. You can find so many on YouTube!

These are just some examples of what you can do to start to feel a little better. Take one day at a time. ❤

• Posted

hi clarissa, no wonder you're struggling! poor you, to lose a parent is something else, it's something i know about 1st hand. you have to do it your way take your own journey and take as much time as you need. it will be a tough road, you could speak to cruse, they are brilliant. don't be surprised if one day is ok and the next is not! bless you a really sad time...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.