I have weakness in my arms and legs and I’m drowsey

Posted , 4 users are following.

for the past 5 months I have had a strange sensation in my legs and arms . It’s almost like a jelly feeling or like a feeling that they are tired . I start feeling it as soon as I open my eyes in the morning and it’s so annoying .

i also have a pulsing sensation mainly in my legs but it can happen in my arms and back it’s  like my veins are twitching.

the most worrying symptom though is extreme drowsiness . I get attacks of drowsiness at least 6 times a day where I cannot keep my eyes open. My recent bloods have come back normal in jan and a recent blood test for b12 and magnesium was also ok . I’m so worried this is serious and the doctors won’t take me seriously . 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a neurologist?
    • Posted

hi i seen a neurologist a few years ago because i had a left sided weakness (i’m  only 26) i’ve had a brian and spinal mri done which showed that i have degeneration in the lower spine and at that time they thought there where lesions on the brain . they repeated the mri of the brain  about  6 months later and it came back clear . since then i’ve got worse tho 
  • Posted

I had very similar symtoms. Constant drowsiness, but inability to sleep properly.

Arms and legs felt really heavy and was a lot of effort to lift them or do anything. Pain in all my limbs, numbness.

I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, after a misdiagnosis of Gout, and taking medication for several months which did nothing.

• Posted

They have a 24-hour sleep test that continuously records everything a normal sleep test does for 24-hours. It might show something useful.

6 times a day, I had something similar once but it was called a silent migraine (no pain), tintinitius aura and then stupor, not sleepiness, 6 times a day with varying intensity, went on for about six months and then ended. I believe an autoimmune problem. Very bad at its worse, controlled it with Topiramate, up to 250 mg. by the end.

Might have been symptomatic of an autoimmune attack against the thyroid.

Hopefully you find a doctor who can figure this out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.