I have white spots on tonsils which do not get better with penicillin?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a sexual exposure with a prostitute on 24 April 2018 with no anal or vaginal sex, however, we had deep kissing with a silaive exchange, I put fingers inside her vagina and I put my penis inside her mouth without protection.

After 8 weeks I got CMIA test which came negative and full blood count which has lymphocytes around 26.5% of WBC. Also WBC is 7200.

My symptoms after a month of exposure are:

1- Swollen lymph nodes around the neck until today.

2- Dry tongue after one month with dark reddened throat.

My recent symptoms are:

1- Ulcer (canker sore) on left tonsil which was gone in one week.

2- White spots on tonsils which are not getting better with penicillin.

3- Diarrhea started yesterday and not responding to treatment.

4- Fever yesterday which is improved after sleeping with night sweat.

Also I have vertical ridges on fingernails but I am not sure if this started before exposure.

I have some questions are related to my doubt infection mononucleosis:

1- Does WBC count return normal (7200) level after 8 weeks?

2- Does lymphocytes return to normal level (26.5%) after 8 weeks of exposure?

3- Is it possible to have no change in WBC with infection mononucleosis?

4- are my symptoms indicate infection mononucleosis

Also I have some questions related to STI:

1- Can HIV present white spots on tonsils?

2- Can Hiv CMIA test turn positive at 12 weeks while being negative at 8 weeks?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also what do you consider a normal wbc
    • Posted

I came to know that WBC goes more than 12000 with mono so when I was tested WBC was 7200 which is within the normal range.

1- Is it possible for WBC to return to normal level 7200 after 8 months of Mono infection?

Also I came to know lymphocytes goes more than 40% with mono. And when I was tested at 8 weeks it was 26.5%.

2- So is it possible for Lymphocytes to return to normal level after 8 weeks of mono infection?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.