I haven’t been able to eat properly for a week, what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Every time I eat something, I start to feel nauseated and lose my appetite. I've been eating a few bites of things here and there but I don't think it's enough to keep me going. I saw the doctor and he checked my blood pressure and felt my stomach and sent me home without any advice What should I do? (There is a 0% chance that I'm pregnant).

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Could be a bug or something that has disagreed with you Try a food diary to see what food could be the cause. Try some milk which is great for settling the stomach.Your doctor should have told you these things! How long have you had these symptoms?If they go on longer than a week, see a different doctor.

• Posted

Thank you! I hope it is just a bug. Wow thanks, I will be sure to drink some. He really should have. I've been having them for just over a week.. I will thanks, he told me to come back in another week if my symptoms haven't gone by then. I will be sure to see a different doctor though 😃

• Posted

honestly, i went through this stuff for 3-4 years where it was off and on where i could eat and then i couldnt for like 1-2 weeks at a time. for me i think stress and anxiety was a HUGE contributing factor for my poor appetite. i went on anxiety meds and it didnt help but when they increased the dose there comes my appetite again.

have you ever been offered a medicine called ondansetron? its a heaven sent, it get rid of your nausea in a matter of minutes. when i got extreme urges on nausea, i took that and it helped 110%. so if any doctors recommend it, you should get it. 😃

i really hope you figure out your appetite very soon though ❤

• Posted

Thank you so much for your advice and wishes! I've been in a pretty good place at the minute so I don't know whether to consider stress and anxiety. Although, I was looking it up and it did say you don't always need something to trigger anxiety symptoms so if my symptoms don't get better within another week, I will ask my doctor if it's anything to do with that. Thanks!

• Posted

Let me know how everything goes?

Also a couple crackers here and there are great for an upset stomach, along with peppermint! I would always put a drop of peppermint essential oils under my tongue, close my eyes and lay down either on my bed or couch.

i hope some of this helps ❤

• Posted

Wow you're so helpful, thanks so much!! I'll be sure to let you know 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.