I haven't pooped in 4 days and have a massive blockage right at my anus. It will not move, help?!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So the last bm I remember having was 4 days ago. I remember straining a bit but it wasn't too bad. The last 3 days I haven't had any urges to go, but just knew I had to. Today I woke up and I felt it ready to come out. No matter what I do I can't even push a little bit of it out!! It's so stuck in there that I'm thinking about going to the hospitalsad I don't think I've ever been constipated like this before. I'm not really in pain, just really depressed and freaking out. I'm going to go home and try stool softeners/suppositories to see if that helps. Ive upped my water and fiber intake, drank coffee, olive oil. Anyone have any suggestions that will for sure clear me out? Preferably painless methodssad also, I understand that the use of opiates/pain killers can contribute to constipation. Could that be the route cause?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,anna86040

If you need a fairly natural quick solution i would try a large glass of prune juice or two. sometimes fibre can have the opposite affect and bloke you up, Prune juice is a soluble fibre, always works for me. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Take a natural laxative, one with sennosides 8.6mg.  Whatever brand name is available at the drugstore or supermarket.  In the US, it's Senna-Time, Senna-Lax, etc.  Drink lots of water with it.  Over the long run you must get control of the constipation.  Constipation is serious, and can lead to hemorrhoids, which are like torture. I've found most doctors to be unhelpful on both constipation and hemorrhoids.  I'm now taking magnesium supplements, 500mg to 1000mg per day, and this has helped enormously with daily regularity.  I've been constipated my whole life.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try maybe two 8mg Glycerin suppositories and they usually do the trick providing the impaction hasn't been there too long, or an enema but I find they are too powerful and for me these days they don't seem to work for me. But suppositories do.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up