i haven’t pooped in almost a month and i don’t know what to do

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello. i am extremely worried as i have not pooped since the 7th of june , and it is now the 29th.. i took my first laxative this morning and tried going a few hours ago and the stool is extremely hard and too large to come out. i got a tiny bit out and it was covered with mucus. i’m so sorry for the messy explanation by i’m not sure what to do or what medication to take and i am extremely worried about my health. i have not been experiencing any symptoms of constipation such as a sore stomach etc, i just haven’t felt the need to go. ive never pooped more than 3 times a week and find it quite difficult to get my bowels moving. since the 8th of june i have been overseas on vacation. i’ve always had extreme anxiety about “going” in bathrooms other than my own. over the years i have become immune to only going a few times or less a week and i feel being so far from home has played a huge role in this issue. i really need help but i’m too embarrassed to speak about it in person. i’m sorry again for the explicitness but i dont know how else to reach out as im quite far away from my doctor and it is very embarrasing to speak about.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Can you go to emerg. They can give you something to help clean you out. Or go to the pharmacist and explain your situation. Maybe they'll suggest the over the counter prep used for a colonoscopy.

• Posted

Have you been eating normally? I know that not eating can cause havoc with your bowels. As Colette says you do need to get some advice from someone, you cannot carry on like you are.

• Posted

i have been eating less but i am still eating everyday. although i have not been eating different foods as i usually do as i am in a different country. i know i really need urgent help as its now been 5 weeks and i am extremely reluctant to get an enema but i font know what else i can do at this point

• Posted

hi anon . if your in uk .go to A&E , don't ask for x ray demand it . you sound like you have some kind of obstruction in your bowel . or could just be slow peristalsis. hope this helps good luck .even the queen has to poo.lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.