I haven't yet been diagnosed, but it is looking pretty likely that i too have LS

Posted , 2 users are following.

My problems started about 3 years ago with chronic constipation, so badly so, I was sent by my GP for Botox injections in my Sphincter muscles, Which was actually performed at a Private Clinic at a cost to the NHS. My Doctor at the clinic was amazed at the volume of scar tissue around my back passage but never actually picked up on any problems at the time. As time has gone on different symptoms have developed & I was at the point 6 months ago I felt I really couldn't live like this. I'm in my mid 40's & have started going through the menopause, and put it down to that, I went back to my GP, who I have to say has been fantastic, & she put me on anti-depressants as she believes I'm suffering with anxiety, which is probably quite likely due to the symptoms. I recently went back to complain again, that it's definitely not thrush or piles, she examined me yet again & she was shocked at the state I'm now in, so i'm now awaiting results, but she is pretty certain I now have this condition. This forum has been a god-send to know that i'm not the only one suffering, some of the tips & advice are great & I shall definitely try some to see if they improve my situation. I always found my "flare-up's" worse the week before my period, some people say it's due to childbirth, I'm childless, if only I could find the answer to what has caused this in the first place.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey,i have had LS for five years and its bloody horrible,i started whilst going through the menopause alot seem to think its a auto immune thing and i agree,have you had a biopsy it would seem you do have LS but i,m no doctor,i have just received emu oil which iam going to try everyone raves about it so will try anything i will keep you posted.pammy x

• Posted

Hi Pammy, where can you purchase Emu oil, can you buy it online ? I'm not too sure what i'm looking for & don't want to be fobbed off with any ol' bull
  • Posted

Hiya go to amazon it cost me ten pounds summat the cheapest i have seen it with free delivery it should have been fifteen.Pammy x
  • Posted

Thank you Pammy will get on to it right away, £10.00 is a bargain if it helps in anyway, besides you have nothing to lose really by trying it I guess. Once again thank you xx
  • Posted

Ya welcome love xpammy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.