I havent had my Venlafaxine 75mg tablets in the past 2 days. I need help.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been on venlafaxine for around 10 months. I havent had them for the last 3 days as I have been waiting to see a doctor to get a script for them. I ended up getting some today. I took 150mg for the first time. ate a banana after that. 15 minutes later i felt so sick i threw up. I dont know if i should take another tablet or not? I dont want the sweats to happen again tonight. I have been sweating excessively for the past 2 days and having nightmares. My boyfriend is going to buy me some tablets to stop me from being sick. i just want a good night sleep tonight..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

now I have loose bowel problems too
  • Posted

It sounds to me that it's the sudden withdrawal of the venlafaxine and reintroduction that's caused the problem, in which case the upset should just be temporary. I must stress that I'm not an expert, but I've been on venlafaxine for several years and it's done me a lot of good,  given me back a normal life, really. So if venlafaxine was helping you before, it probably will again once things have settled down. Stopping it suddenly again now could cause more problems. If you are really worried about it, you need to talk to a doctor. People's bodies react to drugs in different way - what suits one doesn't suit another. I didn't feel that venlafaxine was poisoning me, I've had few side effects and great benefit from it. You need to do what's right for you. Be kind to yourself and take care.
    • Posted

You sound just like me.  Your advice could have come from me.  You sound really helpful.  I came off Effexor last year, first time without anti depressants in over 20 years.  My doctors idea.  After 16 months I am doing OK.  I am elderly so perhaps best thing, I just don't know.  Not depressed like I have been in the past.  Not on any prescribed medication at all now.

Take care

• Posted

Did you quit effexor when you were still depressed?

I am glad to hear that you feel better after quiting.

I am on it and just don know what to do as there is very little improvement.

Keep in touch.

• Posted

Jasmine1991,

I have been off the drug for a about two weeks.  I can sympathize with all that you are going through.  I had many of the withdrawal effects that you are experiencing, especially the night sweat and not dreaming or having nightmares when I did sleep.

I blamed all my issues on the stroke, and the fact that the older dog wakes me up two or three times a night to get a drink and go outside.  Perhaps, she is really checking up on me.  I would talk to your doctor about the problems and reintroducing the drug or wean off of it and perhaps try another.  

Personally, for me I will not take  another one of those Venlafaxine again.  Each individual has they own issues and why the are taking the prescription.  Talk to your doctor!!  Good Luck!

• Posted

Hey there Linda.  I stopped Venlafaxine ladst year after many years on anti depressants.  It was my doctor's idea.  16 months since I stopped, and so far, so good.  Before depression has always returned when I stopped medication.  Like you, I do not want to go back on Venlafaxine.  Took me 10 months to withdraw so I did not get withdrawals.  Hard work. 

I am so sorry you had a stroke.  How are you now?  Bless your dear old dog, and hope he is good company.  I have a cat who is my comfort and companion.  I did get a dog when very depressed as made me go out as had to walk him.  Sadly lost two dogs, so just me and the cat now. 

Was it your decision to stop the drug?

• Posted

Hi Anne 240,

I decided that I didn't want to take any more pills than I have to.  I have control issues and I don't want to be addicted to anything.  So I quit. 

I'm having second thoughts with the Holidays coming up and what is suppose to be such a joyous time.  This is the first year to celebrate it after the stroke.  Everything is new and not always pleasant.  The dog is 14 years old and dealing with her issues and mine, I get really messed up.  I also have a three year old German Shepard mix that has enough energy.  I wish I would have gotten a cat --- low key etc.

Have a great day!

• Posted

I took my last pill on November 27 and after going through 2 days of something terrible it took another few days to start feeling human again.  Now things are much better and only have a little brain fog which makes me feel just a little light headed.  I have been taking the motion sickness pill if I feel too bad.  Thinking this will all end very soon now
  • Posted

You have been suffering from withdrawals as you did not have any medication for 3 days.  Make sure you never run out again, get your prescription in plenty of time.  Yes now carry on taking your medication, and your body will gradually adjust to it again.  May have a few "off" days whilst it is doing that. 

I am so sorry, but this anti depressant is a difficult one, and soon after missing a dose you get the withdrawals.  Hopefully you will soon feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.