I honestly don't know how to survive this right now

Posted , 16 users are following.

I was just dx today after a year of treatment for yeast uti etc. Last Thursday I started burning and all I could think was how fast I could stop it. Saw my GP Monday and she gave me the same Diflucan and said good luck. I went back today and she did a pelvic. Said yep you have AV and pretty severe inflam. She prescibed estradiol daily and prednisone for 8 days. I am burning so badly and as I read these comments I'm scared to death. Isn't there anything for the burning? Any cooling thing you can apply. I should have gotten something for anxiety , I haven't slept for almost a week. The best moment of the last week was when she put the lub in to examine me. Should I get a gyn? My husband just doesn't understand how bad this is

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

just read this old discussion of mine  almost a year ago.I was in so much pain and it was awful how no one understood. I use yuvafen two to three times a week now, But I've never got past about 75% better. Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone one here for helping me get through the first hopeless months of this. It really made a difference and still does !

• Posted

So sorry for your pain! My recommendation would to see a gyn. I had what was diagnosed as AV but when symptoms got worse I saw gyn and lo and behold it was AV but I also have lichen sclerosis. Don,t want to scare you but you should make sure it is AV and a gyn would probably be better able to help you find relief.
  • Posted

Hi Donna I have also been struggling with VA, for the past twelve months, after a referral to a Gyn, when I was struggling with the burning sensation and soreness I applied natural yoghurt to the area which for me gave instant relief, I also used ice sparingly , I also use Vit E and coconut oil like most women I take HRT and I am thinking of having the Mona Lisa procedure done, hope these suggestions work for you.
  • Posted

Hi, I haven't read all the discussion, just skimmed through it. Has anyone suggested that you might have vulvodynia? About four years ago i had repeated and persistent thrush due to premenopause.The effects of this and the various treatments I tried resulted in trauma to the nerves, that is vulvodynia, a condition where the nerves become overactive and hypersensitive. This can come on quiet rapidly and results in a constant burning feeling and even worse pain when touched. I was desperate, couldn't sleep and couldn't function in the day. How to diagnose this is to touch very gently with a cotton bud around the vulva area and if the touch registers as pain then the nerves are overreacting and feeling touch as pain. The good news is that there is relief from this pain and, if you are patient and determined, it is possible to cure it - after 1.5 years i was pain free. First thing you need to do to dampen down the pain so that you can at least get some sleep and function on a daily basis is to take amitriptyline. You could also try saginil gel (available online from epitech) which is a plant based gel that was designed for vulvodynia - some people find this provides immediate relief, for others it takes a bit longer to work. I found it very soothing and made a difference just after one night. If you want to know how I cured my vulvodynia I would be happy to share my story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.