I hope my urethroplasty was successful

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi im nigel, 21 yrs old i had a vehicular accident last march 21, 2020 and it damage my urethra. My doctor said i need to wear a suprapubic catether since I cant pee and told me I need to wait for 6months before they could perform urethroplasty. Those 6 long months was such a hard time for me, I don't even want to go out of my house cause I'm embarrassed of always bringing urinary bag. Last nov 10, 2020, my urethroplasty was performed, I had a 2-3 cm of stricture. After the surgery, I had 2 catethers a supra and a urethral one. Dec 8, 2020 is the fourth week after the surgery and this is the day I've been waiting for, for the catethers to be out, so the doctor took the urethral catether and clamped so i could urinate in the penis, however I was not able to. 😭 I'm having such a hard time, i thought my problems would be gone by now. I just want to know if maybe it was my fault because I masturbated at the 2nd week of my healing process for two times and things got irritated so I decided to stop, but I knew also that most of the time the catether touches my bladder wall that's why it also gets irritated. Help, my doctor are still running some test so he would know what to do further. I'm just hoping that its not because of it why I can't still pee on my penis. My doctor will dye-test mi tomorrow December 18, 2020 to know the status of my urethra and I hope the operation was succesful. And I hope my doctor will find ways so i could pee.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.