I hope people can help me I think I might be suffering from eauchian tube dysfunction

Posted , 2 users are following.

please help i think it might be eauchian tube dysfunction im not sure here are my symptoms ear pressure pain throbbing ear pain ear fullness sometimes my side of my head feels pressure like my head does not feel like its part of my body ear pain sometime pulsing ear pain some times i feel dizzy and sick but not been sick this has now been likethis for 15 months went for ear test slight hear loss please help me i dont know what to do im scared and im frightened it might be something serious as nothing is working tried nasal spray decondestant pills antihistamine nothing helping please could somebody help thankyou for reading sorry for going on a bit

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen,

First thing, don't be scared. You're going to be okay. It definitely sounds like an eustachian tube or inner ear problem . You need to see an ENT. They have special equipment to look at your ear drum, sinuses, and the eustachian tubes.

It sounds like you could have fluid behind your eardrum . This would explain the hearing loss, dizziness, and pressure. I'm just guessing though.

My teen daughter has eustachisn tube dysfunction and had fluid behind both ear drums. Her ENT had to use a microscope to see the fluid behind her ears (I got to see this on a monitor.) He also used a scope to verify that her eustachian tubes were completely flattened.

She tried nasal spray for 2 months and it did not work.

She ended up getting ear tubes put in and her ears suctioned 2 weeks ago.

She is still recovering, but a lot of her symptoms are much better.

Hang in there!

• Posted

thankyou for replying to post i am sorry but i have a real terror of seeing doctors in the last 6 months myhusband has had his right lung removed and my son in law half his tounge removed both due to cancer so as you can see i dont think i could take any more bad news i forgot to mention my other symptoms the right tip of my ear also throbs and pulsing pain and it feels like there is something moving in my ear the doctor said it was pulsating tinitus and i said what can i take he just said take paracetomole so he was not much use thats why im reaching out to you all for help so pleas could somebody see if they recognise these symptoms and help me i dont know what else i can do thankyou for reading

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.