I hope this helps someone

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a anal fissure that was giving me the blues. Here's what helped me. First praying to God to help me find something.

Clean the area with witch hazel, put a few drops of olive oil(use more if you like)on your finger and put your finger in your rectum and roll it around so the olive oil will get in there really good. Also put some around the outside of the anus. I ordered Dr. Butler's hemmorhoid/fissure ointment from amazon. It's 28.00 a tube but well worth if your butt is hurting. Put that in your rectum next. Then take some Vicks Vapor Rub and put a dab around the outside of your rectum. You can dab the area with more witch hazel if it feels"too greasy". Do this after every bowel movement or even if you only go once a day, do this two or three times a day. I take the ointment with me to work in a little contact lens case in case I have to poop at work. After months of trying everything this combination finally worked. It took some time but every day my butt felt better. Hope this helps and happy pooping!

Oh, I just ordered a squatty potty too. I don't have a problem with constipation, but it's supposed to be better for your colon health and help you go faster and easier.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Juanita I do have a soniliar routibe to you hopefully someone tries this ! My fissure had stopped bleeding but I don't know what's going on because it burns right after passing a stool sad

• Posted

Hmmmm, I'm not a doctor but I've read that sometimes it's actually something in your feces that causes pain. But have it checked out. I'm glad the bleeding has stopped for you. That's what scares people the most.

Everyone has their own routine for healing fissures, I just wanted to put mine out there in case my routine could help someone.

• Posted

I must admit , I have a different protocol but I am open to new ideas...

I will order the dr butler's cream but the reasons I am writing this i because of the vaporub , I tried it as soon as I red this and it is great. Good seggestion Juanita93228

• Posted

I'm glad I could help cristian89782!! Like I said, everyone has a different routine to deal with their fissures. But I just put mine out there to add to the many suggestions out there. I'm glad the Vicks Vapor Rub helped!😊 Like I said, this routine wasn't a overnight success but with a little patience it worked for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.