I Hv RA onset in mar.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My first blood CRP reading was 6.8. I was put on metratroxate immediately. I started to reduce meat and coffee and change my diet . In May my CRP reading dropped to 0.06. However. Doc advise me to conituue with my medication. I'm wondering if I can stop my medication since my reading id back to normal thou I syil hv RA

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I agree with your doc, continue the medication for a bit. I am assuming your symptoms have subsided too?

The reduction of meat and coffee will help your overall health but wont have been having a direct effect on your RA. So the best would be to stick with the MTX for a bit more and see how your symptoms unfold

• Posted

Thank you so much Light! I was so confused as im sorry new to this sickness. Now you give me a clearer picture . I will maintain my diet at the same time continue to take thr medication for a bit hoping for a better progress again.
    • Posted

Dear Light ,

Yes most of my symptons 90% have subsided

• Posted

Did you have a positive blood reading for RA? Or were you diagnosed clinically?

It is not impossible that you have been misdiagnosed...there's something called polyarthritis that at first looks very similar to RA.

On the other hand your symptoms may simply have subsided because of the MTX, so to stop it would bring them back. It means the durg is doing its work.

If this is RA, you do realise it's a disease for life...? chronic, they call it. Its symptoms will come and go and move around different parts of your body, so be wary of reducing your drugs unless there is clear indication this is not RA or you are taking something else in their place.

I'm sorry to say this, but in all my own experience and everything I've been reading about this over the last 10 years, changing your diet as such cannot deeply affect the illness.

Having said that, if it helps you to lose weight that is always going to be good, because the less weight we carry around, the more gentle it is on our long-suffering joints.

All the best to you!

• Posted

Dear Light,

Yes I was tested for RA and RF reading is 252!!!! Doc says I didn't neeef any more test to confirm. One test is enough . So I was referred to my local Rhumatologist. My symtons all started early Mar, so the doc said I was lucky to come to him early. I read a lot about this disease and many patients commented that their change of diet helped them. It is a very scary disease. Have you read about the Paddisson Program? After I found out I Hv RA, I was depressed and cried myself to sleep almost every night. I was looking around for someone who could share with me about my sickness who could share their experiences share their journey... Now I'm feeling much better (emotionally) and trying to live with this life long disease. Talking about the pain, yes I was having a bad night last night . I think my inflammation has stike me again as I was having so much pain on my right knee. I'm continuing with the lowest dosage of MIT until four months on my next appointment. I just hope that I can conquer this illness and everything is under control. Or should I seek for a second opinion....I'm so grateful for your advice.

• Posted

The illness comes and goes. Some people have years of remission, so take heart. Stick to the MTX dose your doc has suggested to keep the pain from coming back. It does take time to settle into a rhythm with this one, and MTX is not like aspirin, it also takes a while to have effect, so stopping and starting is not a good idea.

I don't see the need for a second opinion if you were sero-positive. But there's never any harm. It seems like everything is going as normal, you just need to relax with the situation and be kind to yourself.

All will be well...

• Posted

Dear Light,

Thank you so much . Yes all wil be well...

And U take care too...smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.