I hve found high blood pressure at.25 yr.what should I do

Posted , 6 users are following.

I found my self hypertensive before 2'days I really feel sooo depress...how I will survive in future..on medicine always life time..its soooo hard to accept

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you know why you have high pressure, are you overweight, is there some other reason.  Has the Dr explained to you.
  • Posted

If you've just discovered your BP is high...Yes it takes a while to adjust to that news.

I'd recommend getting your own blood pressure machine to record what and when your blood pressure is high. It's your BP condition and when you get the means to measure this, you can explore what  elevates it and what reduces it.

There can be many secondary causes for high blood pressure which means that your particular high blood pressure condition might have causal factors that can be addressed.

Doing some research on myself and those possibilities is what worked well for me.

• Posted

Do you mean you have just been diagnosed with high BP by a doctor. Do you have any risk factors eg family history, overweight, drinking, etc. Have tests been done to find a cause. Getting hypertension at your age is unusual and your GP will usually order tests to try and determine a cause.

From a personal point of view I have to say that it is not the end of the word being on medication for a lifetime - I have been permanently on medication for various LTCs since I was 22 and am now 70. I would rather be on medication than face the alternatives

• Posted

Work on it, weight, exercise, diet ... doesn't have to be permanent especially if you're young.

• Posted

Dear Key,

?There are a LOT of good resources on this Site. There are Dr's and Nurses on here as well as People that have experienced what you are going through.  But to get some meaningful Feedback, You need to Post the following:

Male or Female:

?Current BP Reading:  (Systolic/Diastolic )  (Top Number over Bottom Number)

Height:

Weight:

?Activity Level:  Sedentary, Mod Active, Very Active, etc.

?Are You CURRENTLY Experiencing undue Stress for whatever reason:  (New Baby; Divorce; Financial, etc.)

?Do You KNOW that High BP runs in your Family? (Genetically Predisposed).

ALL THE ABOVE affects Your BP.  Top Number usually more easily remedied through Life Style adjustments such as Weight Loss, Exercise, Controlling Stress as Best One can, Diet Mod, etc.

?At 25, You don't need to be "Bummed Out"!  Bet You a Dime to a Doughnut Hole you can get this under control without Meds unless it's Genetic.  If it's Familial, there are Dozens of Meds that will get it under control with little or no adverse effects!

Cheer Up!  You're 25!  You're going to be GREAT!

Keep Us - Your Friends - Updated!  Ernie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.