I inconsistently took my Celexa and I’m not feeling better after regulating

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been on Celexa for almost a year now. I moved to a different state and inconsistently took my Celexa and missed about 4-6 days. After doing that for two weeks I've felt nauseas, loss of appeteite and have had horrible anxiety. The past 4 days I've taken the Celexa every day at the same time and I'm still nauseas and cant eat. Is this normal? If so, when does it go away? Thank you for any help 😦

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kas ,what you were getting was withdrawal symptoms because you were missing days ,now you have started again and taking them daily ,you will get symptoms until the ssri goes into your body ,you will have too persevere for 8/10 weeks till this is in your body

• Posted

Hi Kas ,what you were getting was withdrawal symptoms because you were missing days ,now you have started again and taking them daily ,you will get symptoms until the ssri goes into your body ,you will have too persevere for 8/10 weeks till this is in your body

• Posted

• Posted

hi yes its normal it is like starting again hopefully it will subside soon x ive had the same sort of reaction had a blip foolishly took a higher dose ive had nausea anxiety and headache for a week but getting better x

• Posted

Don't worry, you'll level out again. Being as you missed about 6 days, you started to withdraw 'cold turkey.' I think you mean you were a bit irregular when you started again, too? You need to allow a few weeks to level out again. It will come.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.