I injured my nail 5 days ago and now I have a weird skin bubble

Posted , 3 users are following.

I damaged my nail and now this is coming out of my nail. It has been getting bigger ever since. There is a small amount of puss coming out and the pain is now spreading down my thumb. I have been bathing it in hot salty water a few times a day, applying germolene and keeping it covered however it only seems to be getting worse. I don't want to waste my GPs time.

imageimageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I hope by now you have sought some medical advice. Pus and spreading pain going down your thumb needs some attention.

• Posted

I have had this issue myself, its similar to the eye. Although it (My eye) wasnt this large. When the eye or finger nail bubble appears it will go down over time and the finger nail/eye will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.