I just can't cope anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm now taking my second type of hrt in five months, and if anything, I'm feeling slightly worse! I'm anxious constantly, feeling sick all the time and now just under seven stone. I'm paranoid everyone is talking about me in work, which is making me dread coming in. I've been in my current job for over 15 years, and some days I think I'm going to walk out! Any suggestions would be welcome please xxx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there! First, talk to your doctor about the new med before doing anything. I'm on estrogen only and, unfortunately, my first doctor decided to cut me way down - BAD MISTAKE. I went through exactly what you're going through now. I finally switched doctors, he did some blood work and discovered I was low in estrogen - bumped me way up, it was then too much and now I'm gradually coming back down in dosage. I won't go into all the horrible anxiety and panic attack stories I had to endure before getting to where I am now. Bottom line: I discovered from the doctors nurse and a good friend that it takes two weeks for HRT to get into your system. 3 months for it to "begin" working, but it's going to take months for it to go through all the ups and downs you will have to endure before it starts to mellow out. Hang on and do what works for you to feel some kind of relief, at the end of 6 months you will discover that you feel a fraction better and you'll start to see a very slight improvement, but also you can a slight light at the end of the tunnel. For me, it has taken two years to feel pretty much my old self again. Today I feel good, my blood pressure is back to where it was before all this started, my skin no longer feels itchy and dry, my face no longer twitches, my gums no longer bleed, my hair no longer is extremely dry. One night I was having such a bad panic attack that I told my husband to get me to the emergency room as I felt I was having a nervous breakdown. What helped me get through it was Xanax and Tylenol PM. Like my friend keep repeating to me, "grit your teeth and hang in there, it will get better." And it did - after 6 months!

• Posted

I am assuming you are on Synthetic HRT? If so, you should look into Biodenticals ( pellets) which mimic your own natural hormones and is a natural hormone balance. I started my BioTe HRT pellets in August and I feel pretty good. I sleep better, my moods are much better, my libido is AWESOME. At least look into it. Synthetic is bad news.

• Posted

hi i realize this post is a couple of months old. im 44 and am certain im menopausal. i have all the symptoms you stated and then some. i am certain some days i am dying. today i have a migraine. all day. anyway i can see there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

I am assuming you are on Synthetic HRT? If so, you should look into Biodenticals ( pellets) which mimic your own natural hormones and is a natural hormone balance. I started my BioTe HRT pellets in August and I feel pretty good. I sleep better, my moods are much better, my libido is AWESOME. At least look into it. Synthetic is bad news.

• Posted

Give to it more time! I was in the same boat a year ago and I feel normal again after 2 years on hrt. Try not panic and things will be better with time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.