I just can't cope with stress anymore.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can't seem to get my finger out and just be a big girl and do something with my life. I find it difficult working, having a boyfriend and seeing friends and doing things I just want to stay hope and curl up in bed with a lifetime of food. I can't cope with work I get up at half 5 every morning and get about 2-3 hours sleep a night due to anxiety and worrying and doctors just turn a blind eye because thats what they are best at doing. My boyfriend knows and wonders why I don't talk to him about it but it's because I don't want to bother or annoy people when they have their own problems. I am very insacure I hate going out without make up now as before I wouldn't really care. I know men and woman look at me and think Im horrible looking I know I need some parts of my face fixed but it sucks I should have to feel like this I'm 23 this year I should be out enjoying my life and exploring the world but I don't want too I just want to sleep and eat if I can't cope just now how can I cope in the future. I don't take any medication and I don't get counciling it's getting to a point I want to take the medication but I am so scared I will be overweight again I dont even take the Pill or have the implant as I know I will put it all back on. Not sure what I can do because I have never really had proper help. Telling me to smile more or do something or be happy just doesnt fix it I'm afraid I wish it was easy as that.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same, it's just like me. I went to the doctors as my work suffered and still is. See another doctor, mine put me on medication straight away. I feel I just want to be happy that the weight thing can wait. You can do this when you are stronger. People told me to think of positive things but I have trouble doing this. It's really hard I know, but as people tell me to hang in there.  You really need to see another doctor, there are some good ones.
  • Posted

Hi it depends which is more important to you - putting up with the depression or putting up with a (possible) weight gain.  You have to work out your priorities.  x
  • Posted

You are only 23, please don't waste your young days being depress. I like you suffered depression when I was young, and now I am alot older and when I look back at my life I wish I had enjoyed life. I know its hard, but first step is to start thinking positive, don't worry about what people think about your looks. Don't waste your life being depress.
  • Posted

Not everyone gains weight from the medicine. I never gained anything. Some people i know gained a little but ince they got used to the medicine lost it gain. I think you see the worst of the stories. No ine posts the good stories they are too busy enjoying their lives. The weight thing should not stoo you from seeking help.
  • Posted

At your age it is a difficult time of life trying to find out who you are and what you want to do.

It is sad to read that you are so insecure about your appearance. I think counselling would be more helpful than tablets as it is a negative thought pattern. Your boyfriend loves you for who you are. It would be good if you could try and confide and talk to your boyfriend as it would help your relationship.

Ask your GP about seeing a counsellor before trying antidepressants.

The counsellor will be supportive. I know the smile and pull your socks up kind of comments from family really aren't helpful, I've had them too, but it shows they care really and they don't like to see you unhappy but just don't know what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.