I just don't know where to turn - help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Right I've been taking cit for 7weeks (20mg) on a night, I've had literally every side effect but the one that stayed was nausea.

So when I saw my GP on Tuesday she said to try mornings. Yesterday I took it in the morning and I felt dreadful mega anxious, panicky the lot. 

Slept ok then wow this morning, mega anxious, sick, terrible shakes even a panic attack :-( took my cit again and have spoke I GP. I'm still anxious now, awful lump in my throat. 

Surely after this amount of time should I be feeling like this still??! 

I really don't want to come off them if I can help it, what would an increase do? 

Help people, I'm lost

Liz xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh Elizabeth .......so sorry to read this! 😔

I thought you were on the up? What happened??

I have always taken mine at night .........I prefer that cos it seems to make me sleepy and even when I was at my worst I still slept reasonably well although always woke up very early morning usually around 5 am 😳

Do you think perhaps you need a higher dose....that seems to have worked for some people on here?!

I really feel for you bless you......let's hope that your Doc can sort you out

You've come so far on Cit I hope you don't have to start over again on something else!

Wishing you well and happy soon.....I'll be thinking of you!

Big hug

Pamela x

• Posted

I tried cit for 10 weeks and doc decided to take me off it because i couldnt get over the side effects. I tried Prozac and this happened too. Eventually he has moved me on to Venlefaxine which is a different family of anti-d's (an SNRI) and can have easier side effects.

There are lots of different anti-d's out there, it is terrible having to chop and change trying find the right one, but everyone reacts differently to them. Maybe a change to something else is what you need.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth....hmmm, i am in the same situation as u, only 2 weeks your junior wink

I'm willing to give this dose, 20 mg, 2 more weeks out of my life, than I'll discuss with my doctor..either move to 30 or switch. Because it's ridiculous how much morning anxiety and nausea I have after 1 month on this med (24 days at 20 mg)...

Please keep us posted about your progress, what you decided to do...I'm really curious!

Meantime, I really hope you feel better!!!!

• Posted

I'm curious did you all stay on the med? I've been on 20mg for a week, having the same prob shakey, nervousness, nausea in the morning. Did it finally go away?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.