I just don't understand, what's my problem!! :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Colonoscopy pics look good and doctor didn't find anything except Proctitis, they took a biopsy of it but haven't heard anything back for two weeks now. You think I'd hear something if it came back abnormal, so I'm assuming it's normal. I don't understand how they didn't find anything in the colonoscopy, I have so many negative symptoms with abdominal pain. I was almost for sure I had crohn's if not Ulcerative colitis. Only there was nothing, how can there be nothing when I feel like I'm dying at times and wake up almost daily from bed nauseous. And I've always been a tough cookie with nausea and rarely would be nauseous when others would be. Even with pregnancy I never got nauseous, so me being nauseous so much concerns me. My liver enzymes came back a little elevated but nothing high, and almost normal of ATL 60 and AST 46. Ct scan normal, endoscopy normal. I'm at lost for words and don't know what I'm suppose to do next. Do I just leave it alone and live with this illness and pain the rest of my life? Or what am I suppose to do after all these text I've already gotten??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry that you having terrible time. I would go to your GP and get him or her too contact the hospital and speak to your consutlant and find out what is going with your results and whey you are still getting symptoms. Good luck, let me what happens
  • Posted

I feel for you. Getting a diagnosis can be both hard work and stressful.

When you have a follow up enquire how far around they managed to view. It's not always possible to get to the ileum area and very much depends on the person and the day. I can relate with my experience. One time they found nothing, another 5 or 6 ulcers which scraped through as being Crohns, and confirmed when I started a course of budisonide steroids. Capsule endoscopy is another option to view everything end to end which isn't possible via any other means.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Posted

Thank you good to know about the capsule. I got a biopsy from the proctitis but I need to make a follow up appointment to find out what to do next since I havnt heard from them. I will mention the capsule. I was reading what causes proctitis and only cause that actually applies to me is the IBD. I'm sure if it was a bacteria I would be getting fevers from infection, I think!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.