I just found out today..

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi guys. I don’t know what I’m really doing here but I figured talking to people going through the same thing would help. About a week ago I started having symptoms similar to a UTI so I started taking probiotics & chugging water & cranberry juice. I had also had my very first bikini wax so when the bumps appeared I thought I was just having some type of reaction. I went to the doctor & at first he said it just looked like folliculitis (ingrown hair) & gave me some antibiotics to take for the bumps & the burning sensation when I urinated. Today I went back to the doctor because the antibiotics weren’t giving me any relief. He examined me again & told me the bumps looked different than they did 3 days ago & he wanted to take a sample. I find out for sure tomorrow, but I have all the symptoms of herpes. I’ve done nothing but bawl my eyes out all day long. I just turned 24. I am so scared & I just don’t know what to do. I’ve been reading articles & facts all day but nothing is making me feel better. I’m pretty sure I got it from my ex, & she didn’t know she had it until about 2 weeks ago when she had her first breakout. But we hadn’t been together in almost a year so I didn’t think anything of it. Not only am I upset for myself but I had to contact the person I’m involved with as well. She’s taking it very well & is trying so hard to make me feel better.. I know it isn’t my fault because I didn’t know but if I’ve given it to her I’ll be devastated because I’ll feel as though I ruined her life, too. I guess what I’m asking for is some advice to keep me sane, & maybe just some facts from people who actually have it versus scary ass Google. Thanks guys. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I can tell you from experience that the worst thing you can do is google your symptoms. You’ve seen a doctor and that’s the best step.  Talking about it with others who are in the same boat really helps as well. I can agree, i recently discovered I had the virus and literally cried on the floor with my dog. Try your best to stay active and healthy...but just wait and see what comes back tomorrow. Good luck and keep us updated smile
  • Posted

I have to say this... I was going through the same thing. My outbreak lasted about a week and everyday I cried. It occurred after I shaved and when I went to my doctor she said it was herpes.. I of course was upset but I knew it would all be okay... I had a prayer thing with my family after telling them the news and instantly my father starts crying. He puts his hands on me and I feel so warm inside and I can feel God tell me that he’s healing me and everyone else felt it to. I woke up the next morning and instantly it was all gone. My doctor called to confirm I had herpes and I told her that I couldn’t accept the news and here’s why. I told her to take my blood. She took my blood 3 different times and all came back negative. Never had them show up again. Pray to god non stop and believe he will heal you and tell him you want healing now! Prayers 
    • Posted

I’ve been talking to God a lot more, I feel a little better inside. Thank you for sharing your story with me. I’m really, really happy that your story turned out that way. It must feel so good to know you’re alright. But even if that doesn’t happen for me, talking to all of you on this site has TRULY helped me a lot mentally. I’m just going to take this all in stride & take it day by day. Try my hardest not to stress. Prayers for you & your family sweet heart, so happy for you. 

• Posted

You’ll be okay. I promise. It’s not the end of the world. It can happen to anyone. Don’t belittle yourself over this. Don’t doubt your healing love. It’s right there. Stay positive and if you ever feel low and need someone, message me. Prayers for all of you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.