I just getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

24th March I went to my gp after finding a lump a few months  ago it had got slightly bigger and began to ache. My gp immediately referred me to Royal Marsden on suspicion and caution of soft tissue sarcoma. After chasing for two weeks Marsden requested I get an ultra sound first. My lump has not get ever so slightly bigger, it aches more and sometimes makes my arm and hands go numb ( as if I could have been laying on it for a while, that kind of numbness) so I have my ultra sound scan today and Basically the man said the good news is we can't find anything and bad news is means we can't give you diagnosis. He said I don't doubt there is a lump there ( he got me to point it and he just used scanner probe)  but he then said you'll probably find your symptoms will go now you know there's nothing there (id already told him about it getting bigger, aching and my arm hands numb). He said it could be scarring or lipoma. So he's guessed what it could be, told me my symptoms are in my head and then said we will give you a follow up appt in 3 months ?? I don't know what to do now he's made me doubt everything and feel like a complete Baffoon. Please help me I want peoples opinions  it’s so frustrating as it’s teally effecting my day to day life now 

Thank you in advance! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, 

Lumps in the body are always unsettling  and sometimes for good reason, they may be cancerous.

Over the years I have found numerous lumps that have been diagnosed as lipoma or muscle tissue and harmless lumps. Some have grown then vanished others ache when touched. But so far only a small mole on my left arm has been diagnosed as a malignant melanoma, and it was dealt with swiftly by the Dermatology Clinic.

If you have doubts try for a second opinion or if possible a private consultation.

Best wishes,

Mike.

• Posted

Im sure it may be something but

Why dont you get a

Complete blood count

And see if cancer shows up that way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.