i just got diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

im 18, i have a whole life ahead of me and i feel blah all the time. ive had mono twice and ever since then, i just havent been the same. Last week i was officially diagnosed. I had a really active life style and had good grades, all i feel now is "blah" just not all the way there, and people dont really seem to understand. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's a real drag getting this illness at such a young age. No, people don't understand, which is why forums like this are so helpful. Just don't believe anyone if they tell you it's all in your head. Also, pace yourself, and don't try pushing through the fatigue. That can make you a lot worse. There's every chance that you'll get better if you take it easy.
  • Posted

2013 i got mono after competing in swim, non stop practicing and on top of that school. Once swim season ended it all hit me, I was out of school for 3 months, and always getting sick. the year after that nothing happened but I worked at a surf camp every day, 5 hours, 6 days out of the week, all summer, the day after work ended for the season, i got mono once again. Ever since then I have not been the same, I am tired all the time. Its a tired i cant explain. I dont eat any meat so people always tell me to eat a steak and get protein when that is not the case at all. Last week i was diagnosed with cfs. im in a funk about the whole thing right now. im always happy, and put others first, i just feel so blah.
  • Posted

You are young.  There is a good chance you will get better.
  • Posted

how unlucky to have mononucleosis and have it flare up again so badly.It's always in your body,so the reason you thought you "caught it again "was because you pushed your body further than it could go.You will recover,but if you're going to ehaust yourself, you will have recurrences of mono.As you don't eat meat,make sure you have all the dietary alternatives,including proteins,vitamins and minerals.And good luck.X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.