i just got diagnosed with acid reflux but i'm worried it's something more.

Posted , 3 users are following.

for the past few days ive declined medically very rapidly. the diagnosis for acid reflux makes sense but it seems like it is too simple or that its not the reason for everything.

my symptoms: 1- indigestion 2- constant hunger 3- poor appetite 4- nausea after eating and in general 5- shakiness and feeling unstable 6- tired constantly 7- weight loss of 15-20 lbs in the past four months without any change to my diet or excercise 8- burping a lot 9- feeling weak im not sure what it is or if its more severe reflux or something else caused by reflux but i really want to figure it out and get it resolved.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I see this an older post so you may have this sorted out by now. I had the same and was diagnosed with Gastritis.

• Edited

I was recently diagnosed with mild GORD also and as a result have similar symptoms including burning pain in chest, sometimes trouble swallowing as though there isnt enough room for my food to go down, stomach ache, tiredness, loss of appetite and nausea. Ive had a gastroscopy and mild GORD Grade A was diagnosed. Ive also lost a stone in weight. It is worrying but im trying to manage it with lifestyle changes as well as taking Famotidine. which was prescribed after i had a bad reaction to PPIs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.