i just got home from planned parenthood and they said everything seems healthy but i just got home..

Posted , 3 users are following.

i just got home to do a self exam because i have really bad anxiety and i cant help but think something is wrong with me... i feel like i didnt notice this before and/or the healthcare provider didnt mention it or maybe didnt see it? i got std tested last week and negative. i had a yeast infection but its gone away now but can anyone help me? does this look normal? do i go back?! its near my vaginal opening and doesnt hurt. it was hard to get a picture but help! 😦

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

I know it's hard as I suffer from extreme anxiety but try to think positive and that they have seen loads of vaginas and would of picked up if it was bad. Its just your anxiety creeping in. You could always book another appointment to get the reassurance you need and then work on ways to manage your anxiety (I don't mean for that to sound nasty) I am the same jusy looking for constant reassurance about stuff it's one of the symptoms of health anxiety. Try to do something to take your mind off it and don't Google it you'll make yourself worse. X

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply 😦 seriously i needed it

• Edited

Looks normal haha if its just like skin and isnt painful? looks like way i freaked out about when i first looked down their and fixated on thinking i had herpes and warts and all the lots! turns out i didnt and it had always been there but i have terrible anxiety too. our vaginas have lots of bumps and lumps around the opening and skin tags etc which are prrfectly normal. its so easy to be scared tho when women are taught nothing about what is and isnt normal about their vaginas! stay safe all looks fine ❤

• Posted

Your welcome honestly nothing worse than having a vag at times!

• Edited

youre right maybe ive never noticed it and its always been there. i wish we were taught more about whats normal and whats not... your comment brought me so much comfort. thank you ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.