I just had surgery and I am one week post-op…

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a hemmorhoidectomy, fissurectomy, and a sphincherotimy!!!! My Gosh, i never knew this much pain existed. Has anyone else had all 3 of these done? I had a large external, 2 internal, and a tag removed. I have 20 plus stitches. If i had known the literal hell i was signing up for i probably wouldn't have done it. i am so tired and im on soooo much medicine. i just keep praying it gets better from here!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sonya,

sorry to hear about your surgery, it certainly isn't pleasant.

I had basically the same done minus the stitches 7 weeks ago and i'm still not healed.

with a bit of luck the pain should begin to ease around the 2 week mark.

I put a post on here about 2 weeks ago titled A Haemorrhoid Story, have a read of that and it may give you a few tips on dealing with your post-surgery recovery.

All the best, and stay positive, you will heal.

• Posted

still not good. saw the colorectal surgeon yesterday as iv'e still got acute pain and mucus discharge.

Going back in for a colonoscopy in 2 weeks time to try and find the problem.

I hope you're improving.

• Posted

i am not and honestly I'm scared. im 9 days in and every day has been hell!

• Posted

Don't be scared, you've just had major surgery to a very delicate part of your body and unfortunately the healing and recovery process is very painful.

Read all the tips given by people in posts on this site for tips on how to make your recovery a little less painful - starting with warm/hot shallow baths at least 3 times a day.

The first 2 weeks are the worst, so you should start to improve soon.

stay positive and don't let it get you down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.