I just need a question answered.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't know if there is another section of this site that I can visit for this question but I just want to get it answered.

I don't know if I am depressed or have any mental conditions but there is a nagging feeling for me that says something is wrong. I hate self diagnosing myself because I don't want to be "that guy." I just want to know if there is a place I can go to ask a professional for his/her thoughts about my mental state. Something cheap and quick and private. I don't have enough of money for therapy sessions and I don't my friends and family to know how I feel. It's embarrassing. I just want to know if I'm just feeling low or if I have something serious. If anyone knows what kind of institution I would go to. Hospital? Or what?

Thank you for helping or trying to. If you need some questions answers, feel free to ask. I just want these feelings to be dealt with.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Austin

Do you live in the UK?

• Posted

Hi Austin

I hope someone from US responds to you quickly. Try not to be embarrassed in how you are feeling. I think we know in ourselves when somethings not right with us.

have you searched online for any charities in your area dealing with healthy minds? Worth a whirl. If your experiencing low mood this usually will go away in a few days. If you feel down for a longer period it's important to get some help.

Wish you better

god bless

Lorraine x

• Posted

Firstly good you have an insight that something is not quite right.  You could check symptoms online but don't forget there are both official and unofficial symptoms so check them both out. Nothing to be embarassed about MH issues are linked to high intelligence .  Talking about issues is never easy but it's a massive step in the right direction.
    • Posted

I've must have been on a hundred sites that tell of symptoms and have self diagnos list, not to mention the countless quizes and tests that give me some kind of score that tell me the same thing. For the most part on the symptoms and self diagnos lists, I find myself saying yes, give or take 2 or 3 that don't apply to me or are way off. The quiz and test results always say I range from severally depressed to mildly depressed so those aren't very helpful. I just desperately want a solid yes or no answer. I want to know if I'm crazy or of something is really wrong with me. It's not just depression I'm worried about either, I suspected anxiety for a while too.
    • Posted

I wouldn't bother doing quizzes, you would be best going to see Doctor, here in the UK we have walk in centres if you don't want to see your regular GP.  When I had it I thought I was crazy your not, it's probably your body's response to stress/anxiety.  I used to have psychotic episodes as well as anxiety attacks but I got well because I wanted to and got the help I needed.  If you can see you have a problem and want to get sorted you are half way there.
    • Posted

So I can just see a doctor and he'll tell me? I don't know if I can afford a checkup. The last thing I need is bills. I live in the US but I'm not sure how that works. And I refuse to ask for my family or my friends to help. I don't want them to judge me or to think less of me. Or to pity me, or to think I'm weak or dependent. But I need someone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.