I just need an answer fuge

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a bottle of even Williams egg nog and 3 beers the egg nog is 15% alcohol the beer is 5% alcohol if I drink the whole bottle of even Williams is it the same as drinking the 3 beers?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

No Casper it is not the same. The alcohol content in a bottle of wine at 12.5% is approx equivalent to 10 units of alcohol.

the approx units of alcohol in a can of beer at 4.5% is 2 units so X 3 = 6 units

The egg nog at 15% is far higher than 3 cans of beer at 5%

• Posted

OK I'm still not understanding this the beer says 5% alcohol per volume 3 of them would be 15% per volume that's 15% alcohol for 1064 ml the egg nog is 15% alcohol per volume so that's 15% alcohol for 750 ml I subtracted 1064 and 750 and 314 12 Oz is 354 so that tells me that 4 and 1/2 beers at 5% would be more alcohol per volume then the 750ml...
    • Posted

I guess it's more complicated the adding and subtracting rolleyes
  • Posted

I could be wrong, but I would say it depends on what quantities are in the bottle and the cans.confused
  • Posted

Each mouthful of eggnog will have 15% alcohol on it, but every mouthful of beer only 5%, so the beer will less alcoholic
    • Posted

Oh OK that makes a lot more sense thank you
    • Posted

Math! UGH...good question I would wonder the same thing....
    • Posted

Math used to be my favorite but it gets frustrating. But I figured it out I drank half the bottle of egg nog and half a bottle of Mexican mud slide so now I don't care about the question I'm just happy that I feel amazing :p

• Posted

I guess I'm jealous that alcohol can make anyone "feel amazing".  At my age....all it does to me...is cause me to not take care of myself.  Cause once I think I feel "good"....I keep drinking to not lose the feeling and then I lose everything else around me.

Be careful....with your consumption....alcohol can be very detremental regardless of the "feel good" effects we get.

• Posted

Misssy is 100% right with the warning to be careful about alcohol and feeling amazing, the feel good feeling doesn't last and to get the feeling amazing over time will make you need more and more alcohol along with a host of other problems, including becoming alcohol dependant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.