i just took my first 1 hour ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

this is my first morning, and i just wanted to join in the chat! And i don't really know what to expect over the next couple of days.

I went to docs yesterday and had a check up and she told me that i was obese :cry: which i just cant get my head around, yes i know im over weight but still, hearing the O word was a big shock!

I had never heard of these tablets before, but when i came home and found this site i was really happy as everyone seems really friendly, so i decided to start today,hope they work for me as they do for all of you.

I'm going to go and empty my cupboards now, so i'm free of temptation!!I'll keep you posted.

good luck everyone

*vic* xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Vic

I have only just registered and only started taking my tablets yesterday, so we are both new together. I have started to watch my diet and am going to try and do some exercise. I currently have a BMI of 35, so the doctor put me on these. My ulcer has flared up again, so I need to get some weight off as it is not doing me any good at all.

Good luck and keep in contact to let me know how you are getting on with them. So far everything has been fine and there is no doubt that they are working.

Regards

• Posted

Hi folks

Ive started my new pills this evening smile

Im sitting waiting on hearing and feeling the rumbly of the tummy happening if it happens.

Does everyone have a big poo after a main meal(sorry im not very eloquent)?

Its all so exciting. Its the first time ive ever really give proper thought to losing weight and Im really determined that i can get back down to a healthy size!

xxx

• Posted

It didnt see anything on the first day, but today it was obvious the tablets were working. I telephoned MAP - the manufacturers of the tablets and they took my details and gave me some usual information over the telephone and have said they will send me some information. They said that they will let my GP know that I have registered with them and will also telephone me from time to time to see how things are going and whether there are any problems etc. I was quite surprised how friendly the service was and they rang me back, so it didnt cost much either.

I am now trying to watch what I eat and lower the fat content.

Good luck both of you - have you got much to lose? My BMI is 35! My husband's cousin took a more drastic route and had a stomach bypass about a year and a half ago - now 12 stone lighter!

• Posted

:D Hi everyone, thank you so much for replying.

Had an okay 1st day, no signs yet that they working though, but i didn't really expect any yet. Have stayed low fat all day, but just had big tea, so i'll see what happens later!!

i was supposed to go out tonight but i cried off blaming the weather :wink:

My BMI is 32

Think i am going to register with MAP after reading what everyone has said about them.

Really happy that i found this site

thanks again, vic x

• Posted

[quote:f2fabb4d5d=\"*vic*\"]Hi everyone,

this is my first morning, and i just wanted to join in the chat! And i don't really know what to expect over the next couple of days.

I went to docs yesterday and had a check up and she told me that i was obese :cry: which i just cant get my head around, yes i know im over weight but still, hearing the O word was a big shock!

I had never heard of these tablets before, but when i came home and found this site i was really happy as everyone seems really friendly, so i decided to start today,hope they work for me as they do for all of you.

I'm going to go and empty my cupboards now, so i'm free of temptation!!I'll keep you posted.

good luck everyone

*vic* xx[/quote:f2fabb4d5d]

sunday 23/11

i went out last night with some of my girlfriends, knew that i would probably eat something on the way back as they always do, and as i'd had a drink, i knew my will power wouldn't be brilliant after i had a few drinks :twisted: , so i didn't take bluey. i ended up just having a portion of fries(while everyone else had kebabs and pizzas) and was quite impressed with myself. i got home within an hour of eating and took bluey then.

got up about half past 10, had a brew and........passed wind and OMG the dreaded orange oil :oops: i cant believe how orange it is!! :shock: well any way, i think my pajamas are now ruined, but at least i know the tablets are working. But am so scared now of it happening again.

and just waiting for it to calm down.I am sooo tempted now to jump on scales, but i wont just yet as i dont want to be disappointed!

• Posted

oh dear *vic* woopsy sad

I've said it before and I'll say it again .. never trust a fart lol

especially if you've eaten chips .. yum yum

at least now you know and the next time you eat something you know is high in fat you can be prepared .. panty liners for the win :lol:

hope you had a good night

• Posted

I did have a good night thanks, but was chips worth it?? Really don't think so as i STILL having orange oil :cry: Could it be that i am still getting rid of fat from before i started taking them? Have been scared of leaving house since! And i really need to go shopping to get some low fat foods in.

Oh well, i'm sure it will calm down soon, and it has made me be really good now. smile

x vic x

• Posted

Aww I do feel for you, I've been there myself :oops:

I do find the blueys are an excellent deterrent and make me think about what I put in my mouth

If its any help .. if I have a night out and end up in the kebab shop, I ask for pitta with lots of salad and just a couple of slithers of kebab meat, the people serving look at me as if to say fussy mare, but as i have no self control and can't have nothing while my friends are tucking in .. it does me, and as yet I've had no side effects from it

hope it all calms down for you soon

• Posted

Thanks Kaelea, ill try the pitta next time. Its calmed down a bit now and i spoke with some one at MAP so feel a bit better now. Im just having a salad tonight so hopefully i should be ok by tomorrow. I'm so glad i found this site or other wise i'd of been panicking and on the phone to my doctors all the time!!

x vic x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.