I just tried the cider vinegar thing...

Posted , 4 users are following.

As my heel gout hadn't slackened at all, whatsoever, in 3 days taking etoricoxib I today have taken cider vinegar twice. I am no longer limp and I can literally feel it going. Wow!!!

It could be co-incidence, but I think the NSAID tabs are faster acting than that supoposedly, and I did read elsewhere that vinegar can 'cure' it in hours for some people. I also take cherry juice concentrate daily but still get the odd attack.

Another weapon in the arsenal I hope.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had two problems recently: inflammation in my big toe joint and tenonitis (I think some people use the term tendinitis) in my Achilles tendons. The former has responded well to colchicine, the latter to n-acetyl glucosamine, which is officially a dietary supplement. In the UK this is available in very expensive liquid form for eye health but there is a cheaper form marketed as Cystaid or Cystease for idiopathic cystitis in cats (125mg capsules) or dogs (500mg capsules). I pinched my cat's supply and took 500mg per day. After 5 days my tendons were much better and I could walk normally again. I have an article on the use of this supplement for auto-immune diseases, taken from the Journal of Biological Chemistry VOL. 286, NO. 46, pp. 40133–40141, November 18, 2011. The implication of this is that there was some degree of auto-immune disease in my tendon problem.
  • Posted

I was hoping for responses to back up the cider vinegar thing but you will know it was gout if you have crystals around the affected joint a few days after the attack.

Best of luck.

• Posted

How do you take the cider vinegar and how much do you take? 
  • Posted

I take it grudginly!  Its nasty.  I just put about 20ml in a cup with water and cherry juice.  Pinch the nose and dont breathe!  I cant take it regularly but may try it again in an attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.