I just want to cry and not stop

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have have fibro for many years and although very sore I pull through I even manage to work although recently I have cut my hours as ime struggling now

the past week has been terrible I am in agony fierd to blink incase the tears falls I went to work wed - thur and was in agony kept taking pain killers to get me through the day but they don't help

I have been causioned at work about my sickness level but if I feel like this on Wednesday I cant go in as I feel I've pushed ma body to far by pushing through the pain week gone by

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi chris11339  Im so sorry to read that your work has cautioned you about your sickness level. Many of us have had to give work because of fibro, and those that are working struggle to do so. some have even lost their jobs through fibro.Would you be able to cut your hours and claim working tax credit. Or claim pip or esa if you live in the uk. would your gp sign you off sick. I would get some advice where works concerned either legal advice or from your local citizens advice.take care 
  • Posted

I had to stop working because of fibromyalgia, and was lucky my husband had a good job and our kids were supporting themselves.  We lived in the States at the time (I was born there), so I filed for Social Security Disability benefits.  Basically, an early release of my retirement benefits due to my disability.  After a year of medical scrutiny, and my having to get legal advice after being denied, I was finally awarded my benefits and now receive a monthly check.

I cannot say it wasn't worth it because it was.  I have not been able to work since 2009 when I was working for my acupuncturist.  If I could not work there because it was too painful, where could I work, lol.  I was receiving daily acupuncture treatments, but working was making them useless.

If you can find a way to cut your hours, or find a job (I know, crazy) that is less painful for you, do it.  Maybe it is time to think about stopping the madness?

• Posted

Hi Chris

Bless you.  Fibro is NOT fair to anyone of us.  Have you considered CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)? Also I have found ayurvedic herbal remedies have helped me in the past few months with reducing my pains.  It has been a slow process but with positive results.

We are all here for you to give you advice and support. Hope you are having a better day today.

Sending you gentle hugs from ME to YOU.....wink x

• Posted

Hi thanks for all the kind words....things are no better today I really wish others would understand this may not be visible but it's real I have good times but the bad times seem 2 be becoming more often

for me it's frustration as I don't want to be stuck in a bed or in doors but when ime this bad I can't do anything else but because when ime good (well as good as I get) I manage to smile and say nothing

without me noticing my 19yr old son knows wen I am in pain as he said mum your in pain as your so snappy with everyone and he's right I suppose

I know this has been caused with pushing through the pain at work I should listen 2 my body but how can I just say to work ime sorry I am 2 sore to work and with CFS I need my bed right now

I think I am going to have to give up my work I know this will help lots but I really didn't want this dam fibro to win

gentle hugs to you all x

• Posted

Dont be hard on yourself none of us asked for fibro, none of us want fibro none of it is of our making and choosing. I am snappy when I am in pain we dont mean to be snappy,with our loved ones. Its such a horrible debilitating illness to have.Dont try fight fibro and push yourself as you will come off worse. I tried it in the past and was ill in bed for weeks. listen to what your body tells you, also we have to learn to pace ourself. take care gentle hugs x
  • Posted

Oh Chris - chin up. So very difficult for us when we are rock bottom.  I was there seven months ago but found hypnotherapy helped as did some supplements.   When I was first diagnosed I took some information into work for my boss and he just handed it straight back and said he didn't need to see anything - in other words he didn't want to know as long as I did my job!  Try and get some advice from the CAB about your work situation.  None of us need the added stress of unhelpful employers but to be fair to some employers, they are ignorant because we find it difficult to explain fibro and how it affects our day to day living.

Fibro is of course different for all of us but my daily bath with epsom salts helps the muscles, I changed diet completely cutting out all refined sugar and gluten and the hypnotherapy and supplements have all played their part in helping me cope.I have to say that I have been all the better for it. Can't say I never suffer because that would be untrue but the better days now outweigh the really bad.  Haven't a clue whether one of the above changes or all are responsible but for the moment won't change any of them just in case.  

• Posted

called gp 2day they have put me on oramorph and ime hoping that helps as I can't go on like this.

• Posted

Hope it helps you you get some relief. every one on here will suport you through it. we help support each other all we can.through this horrid condition. take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.