I just want to feel better soon on Ven ((Effexor)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know it takes a long time from what I’ve heard from some folks on here. Dr never told me this. 

I was on Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 15 years & it was awesome. I stupidly weaned myself off after letting others convince me I didn’t need it. 

I just completed 4 weeks on ven 75 & I’m getting antsy to feel better.    

IF ven is not the drug for me-does anyone know if I could go back to my fluoxetine & have it work again?  I’ve read that it doesn’t always work again going back on something you used before.  Is this true?  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Had 2 good days last week on ven followed by 2 lousy days. 

Headaches, tired, stomach off, little appetite.   I had none of this on my fluoxetine.  Ever.  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barbara. I have been on ven before and I'm back on it again and it's just started working for me today. 75mg is not a high dose (I started on 75mg for 2 weeks and it was increased to 150mg which I've been on for 4 and a half weeks now). I know exactly how you feel. When you're unwell you just want to feel better as soon as possible. Soon you'll have more good days than bad. There are alot of lovely people on here who can offer support. We're all going through this so you're not alone. I hope ven works for you soon. All the best, Jackie

• Posted

I’m in exactly the same boat now.

I was on fluoxetine for 15 years and November last year changed to citalapram that didn’t work so 5 weeks later I changed to venlafaxine I was on it 5 months and felt it really wasn’t for me I got up to 150mg and felt terrible 

It hasn’t been the smoothest of changed and have now been back on fluoxetine 2 weeks today 20mg.

I can tell you I have never felt this bad ever all the changing of drugs has really messed me up and I just pray that I will again feel like my normal happy self.

Feel free to message me if you want to know anymore

• Posted

Hi Barbara, I have started week 3 and I am increasing to 150 today and will see how It goes. I am still depressed but brighter and have more energy. Could you increase as you have Been on It for a month. A lot of people say 150 is more Effective for depression. I am also desperate to feel better... You have had 2 better days so it’s a Good sign. 
    • Posted

Yes I could increase. My Dr wanted me to increase to 150 only 3 days after taking 75 ER.  I thought that was way too soon only because I’ve read about horror stories if you want to come off of it & I wanted to see how o responded to the 75. 

I think my issues are more anxiety than depression even though they kind of go hand in hand.  I see my psych Dr again next week & I will go over with her how I’ve been feeling.    Either I go up to 150 or try to go back on Prozac. 

• Posted

I definitely do not like the way I’ve been feeling on Ven so far.  A few others on here have suggested that I go up in dose and give it more time.  
    • Posted

I have been on Mirtazapine since the end of May and it hasn’t really lifted my spirit so  I will give Ven a go. I will see how things are on 150  and hopefully it helps. I don’t intend to go any higher unless 150 will do something with my constant flat zombie mood. Hopefully you start feeling a bit better soon! So frustrating isn’t ?!
    • Posted

Yes,  extremely frustrating.   It's trial & error I guess.   I just could kick myself for ever going off Fluoxetine (Prozac) this past Spring because I was fine on it for so long.

• Posted

Keep in touch with me & let me know how you’re doing on the 150.   Private message me if you want. Are you splitting the dose?  75 mgs twice a day?

Good luck to you!

• Posted

I take Ven at night 2 hours before I take Mirt because it was making me slightly tired in the first 2 wks, however I may switch to am in the future, I will see how it goes. Have taken 150 tonight and so far so good. I don’t really have any side effects apart from slight headaches. I think because I am on another antidepressant I don’t experience nausea or anxiety (Mirtazapine is also used as anitsickenss drug so it is probably easing some side effects). I have been depressed for way too long so I hope 150 will do the trick. I have been feeling brighter for the past 2 days so there is hope! Mirtazapine made my depression worse. Is your anxiety worse at the moment? It might be the side effect. I never suffered from and anxiety but when I tried Sertraline- I felt so anxious that I didn’t leave the house for 2 weeks! I hope you start feeling better soon and you won’t have to go back to Prozac. Yes, keep in touch x
    • Posted

Yes I have a ton of anxiety on Ven.  Never did on Prozac. One of the side effects it says about ven online is increased anxiety & loss of appetite both of which I battle with every day.  I assume as time goes on our bodies/brains adjust to the meds & it will go away.   It’s only been 5 weeks for me on 75 & hearing from others on this site, I’ve learned it will take a while to recover fully. 

Well that’s great that you’ve had some brighter days!! 

I am wishing & hoping that all of us can get on with our lives & be happy & well very soon!  

There IS always hope for us. 

Take care & let us know how you’re doing!

Hugs,

Barb

• Posted

Hi Barbara, 

First day on 150 and I haven’t experienced any bad side effects I had in the first 2 wks. I feel a bit brighter. I hope it helps with depression. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.