i just want to feel.happy.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I feel like I've been depressed for as long as I can remember but it seems to be at its worst now , I cry alot ,think I'd be better off not here, find life hard, snap at every one, I just feel.so sad and unhappy I see other people who.are laughing and think why can't I be like that , I'm.sure the way I am is having an impact on my family which then upsets me more , I'm going to CBT & fitness but nothin seems to lift me , can any one help I just want to.smile for a change n laugh . Thanks

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Never think that you're better of not here  because your wrong make a list of the things and people that make you smile and ditch the ones that don't if  excercise isnt making you happy change that routine pick a different excercise any one will keep you fit if done correctly haha listen to me I dont do any lol being happy always starts from within yourself if you keep thinking your not worth it then you believe it more and more im going through my own depression at the moment if ive hellped message me anytime ill try make you smile because its always worth smiling 
  • Posted

Maybe u'll feel better if u take zinc on u!

And don't forget to do things that make u happy! ;D

Sing to ur favorite song as loud as u can..:!

• Posted

Hey Michelle, I've just read such good advice being given to you on here and I hope you read it and realise that things can seem black at times, but if you hang in there, you can find a ray of light, that could light up your life and then you'll wonder how you could have felt like you do right now.

Don't give up, there will be some people, who you perhaps don't realise, will feel sad, if you do anything really silly like ending life.  When you get over this, you will be stronger and can look back and realise that there are things that you didn't know you had the strength to do, and yet you can do it, which will fuel you to be more brave with other things too.

Stary with us, we don't know you, but I, for one, would be said if you didn't do something to feel better.  We know how you are feeling and most of us have been there, for different reasons, but we fought and won.  You are an original, a one and only, there's no-one else exactly like you.  You have individual talents and your own beauty, please don't deprive the world of that.

• Posted

Hi Marie,

I just wanted to say to you that the message you have just sent is very

Moving and beautifully worded, keep up the good work, you could help many people... Deirdre x

• Posted

Thanks Deirdre, I've been there and got the Tshirt, so I have a good idea how Michelle may be feeling, at least, I hope I understand, could be totally wrong, of course, but so many of us feel like that, at times. Whether it's something we all have to face in life, as the REM song says "Everyone hurts", I don't know, but it is sad when someone gives up the fight to live.  It's such a natural thing, to want to live, perhaps the problem is we want things to always be perfect, and things rarely are.
    • Posted

Thank you so much your words are so kind and helpful you've helped me a great deal thank you so much x
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, I am sorry that you are feeling so rotten, it is really wearing both physically and emotionally... have you been to see you doctor to check that there are no

Physical causes for how low you feel?, I have found antidepressants to be very

Helpful, but in the meantime just be kind to yourself, avoid any kind of pressure and try to relax as much as you can.....You need to rest and recuperate as much as you

Would for any other illness.. please do not think that your family would be better off

Without you, I am sure that they would be absolutely devastated if they knew you

Felt like this..

I know that you may not think it at the present time, but things can get better, just

Don't give up hope... my heart and my thoughts go out to you, please take care.

Deirdre x

• Posted

Thank you I've read this over and over again and I wish I.could express how much it means to me than you so much x
  • Posted

Thank you so much for all your replies there all so very perfect and helpful and I treasure each and every one of them I feel better just talking to some one I'm going to set myself little targers each day and try my best . I'd like to thank all of you for your replies so much from the bottom of my heart thank you xxxxxx
    • Posted

Your very welcome glad to here you seem to feel better nothing is an overnight fix I know my depression is gonna take time so just know we're we are if you need to talk again ups and downs are part of getting through it I have had good advice on mine from here so I know where to turn I hope you do the  same if you ever need to 

please take care of yourself and good luck xx

• Posted

Thank you so much some times its so much easier talking to a strange if you no what I mean thank you very much
    • Posted

I know what you mean although the saying goes a stranger is a friend you haven't met yet lol

keep smiling and you're very welcome for the advice just a shame I cant listen to my own it just doesnt seem to work that way for me keep thinking good things and something great and unexpected could be right around the corner for you just never ever give up 

• Posted

Thank you I'm.having an ok day today but I no it will be bad tomorrow it's how it seems to work for me but thank you when ever you need a chat I'm here n thanx
    • Posted

Just take a look on my profile to see my depression problem then see if you can give me some advice it may help you to help someone else smile
  • Posted

Go on to youtube and type in 'pug running down stairs' and 'Ostrich racing helmet camera' and tell me neither of those make you smile. But seriously gave you tried antidepressants or keeping to a strict hour a day of cardiovascular exercise eg running. Exercise is important for well being and overall happiness. Try eating plenty of nuts and berries, dark high percentage cocoa chocolate. Get your 5 a day of fruit, I bought a blender so now its easy for me. Also drink lots of water. Bananas are a good fruit for depression, but you should only eat one of them a day because they're high in potassium. Eat more oily fish/get omega 3 fish oil capsules. Google food groups which are good for depression s Im sure there's loads more things to try. I think your emphasis should be on practicing the cbt techniques, exercise regularly and take steps to move forward in your life, is there a goal unfulfilled, did you want to take driving lessons?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.