I just wanted to wish you all the best for today for you...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I just wanted to wish you all the best for today for your test, i too am waiting for an appointment to have one done, ive suffered with reflux for nearly 21 years,ive had 4 cameras done, altogether ive had an ulcer,the bug thing,inflammed gullet twice, and now an inflammed stomach and they still won't operate,they aren't covinced it's the acid that's causing all my sympton's like stomach lump in the throat all the ususal sympton's we are all suffering with. like you i hope they finding something and do the op.Good luck and please let me know how you get on . Kimsmile

[i:4aea21e907]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4aea21e907]

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thank you Kim for you kind thoughts and wishes.The test is a bit uncomfortable but it isnt painful.I had the test yesterday and it takes about an hour.The tube that you go home with tends to be a bit intrusive when you are eating and drinking but it is more uncomfortable rather than painful.Make sure if you are eating something,chew it properly and in small amounts at a time because the tube makes you feel a bit sickly if you eat to much.My "bum bag" with the recording equipment in is a bit cumbersome but so long as you keep moving it around as you try to sleep,you should be ok.The next day they take it out which is five mintues of a job.I still dont know the outcome as they said they will write to my doctor with the results of the digital equipment,so until then I wont know if I am eligiable for the surgery.If the moderators will allow it I wouls ask them to pass on my email so that I can give you any help

Take care hun,hope your feeling better real soon

Debs xxxx

[i:d57c187635]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d57c187635]

• Posted

I'm glad it went ok for you,i'm not looking forward to it,but i will try anything because ive had it so long.

Good luck with your results and i hope you don't have to wait too long to find out,please let me know how you get on.

Kim xx

[i:2d032e1b31]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2d032e1b31]

• Posted

Kim,

Its not painful its just uncomfortable.like you I have had this condition for a long time,I think I have had it 20 years.I have been fobbed off with IBS for years and nearly 2 years ago I had my gall bladder removed to solve the problem but 3 months later after feeling great my symptoms and condition got worse and after practically breaking down my doctors door and holding a revolver to his head I have got to this stage.If they are giving you this test hun they are definately testing you for the acid levels in your oesphagus,abdomen and in the back of your throat thats what my doctor told me.My manotery test took from November last year (about 12 weeks) so hang on in there hun.There is only one thing about this test that I hated apart from the discomfort,that was the coming off the tablets for a week before it and believe me it was the worse week of my life but having said that I have gone back on my tabs today and the stomach cramps have been horrible

Hope you are feeling ok today,look after yourself

Debs xxxxx

[i:41556aa24b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:41556aa24b]

• Posted

Hi Debs

Got my letter from the hospital today and info about the test,ive got to phone them within the next 2 weeks to make an appointment,so i will phone mon, hopefully it won't be months away.

I hope you've started to feel a bit now your back on your medication ?

i'll let you know what they say

Kim xx

[i:d217d433f5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d217d433f5]

• Posted

Hi all,

Well it's 3 weeks post op now and everything seems fine no burning or regurgatating, apart from stil have the lump sensation below my adams apple (i'm hoping this goes with time), staples are out, still on soft diet as it is VERY painful if something gets stuck, I'm surprised how tired I am and my insides pull quite a bit if I try and stand up straight so still a bit of a hunchback, but feeling good really. I was just curious to see how many of you that suffer with these symptoms have also had out your gallbladder, as I really wonder if the two are connected, the three other people I spoke to before my op had also had their gallbladder removed seems strange?

Take care all

Lib x

[i:b64c36c24b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b64c36c24b]

• Posted

Lib,

You sound like you are doing just fine hun,you are bound to be tired after going through the surgery,dont push it though.I know how I felt when I had my gall bladder out,a day after the operation I felt like wonderwoman then my mum had me running around for her a day later and after she had gone I collapsed in a heap on the stairs absolutely shattered lol.Yes I had my gall bladder out in April 2005 and for 3 months I felt great and I thought I had been cured but lo and behold my symptoms came back bigger ,better and badder.I was told that my gall bladder was being removed for the gallstones that were in it,but now I think I didnt need it removing as the two seem totally unconnected but I think that they take it out because of the bile factor as a guideline and if that doesnt work then obviously it wasnt that

[i:8520a5c066]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8520a5c066]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.