I just wear a nappy and get on with life

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been urinary incontinent for a while now. It is caused by nerve damge due to my diabetes. As there is no cure I just wear nappies and get on with life. To be honest it just isn't a big deal any more. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve,

sadly you are not alone in this matter. I assume the Drs have tried various methods and pelvic floor rehabilitation?

If its urinary incontinence you have then you may not be aware of the new urial system for me available to you on the NHS. Its called UROX and it a very soft silicone cup with a leg bag.

Worth checking out and discussing with your doctor.

• Posted

When you wear a nappy, do you mean a diaper type of pull up that you have to wear. Or is there something more comfortable for the men to wear. I just wondered because I designed something for us women to wear that have prolapse and incontinence and it is very comfy and accomodates an incontinence pad so they don't have to wear the diaper pull up style underwear. Again, I just wonder what the men have to wear and how comfortable they are wearing it?
    • Posted

I wear tena comfort extra pads during the day suported by net fixing pants under my inco pants. At night I wear tena maxi pads or slips which are just like big disposable nappies and plastic pants. I find them comfortable and don't really notice them uintil they are ready for changing. 
    • Posted

Okay, sounds like you are comfortable enough during the nigh. I just wanted to make sure that the men were getting enough comfort , especially during the day when they are moving about, exercising, biking etc. Do you feel good support during the day and nice snug up against you so that nothing feels loose or uncomfortable? Thats what I was trying to find out for the men.
    • Posted

Steve, I sent you a private email because I want your opinion on something to maybe help your incontinence. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.