I keep getting nervous about getting to sleep, what shall I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please give me some advice, I keep getting nervous about nights, counting down the hours till I have to go to sleep! I always cry about this and it has been happening since my sister has moved to London and my dad has had a stroke so for about 6 months! I try to get to sleep and use all the advice on the internet and advice that is given to me, but nothing works, it's starting to make me feel sick in school and I'm in year 7! I try sleeping in my parents bed and I start crying and I try sleeping in my other sisters bed and I keep crying and I have tried sleeping downstairs! I don't know why this is happening to me and I just want it to stop! I keep panicking at nights! I just want this all to stop! Please help me

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

go and see your doctor you are suffering from depression you need to sleep without being scared to they should be able to give you a mild sedative and will monitor you so you don't become addicted to them best of luck KT47
  • Posted

HI. ..

anxiety; can manifest in all sorts of reasons, and it helps if we can identify all the things we are worried about to see if there is a 'trigger' or a cause for concern. Depression can also manifest in many ways. Basically as humans we have a lot of emotions to deal wtih as well as the everyday; it helps to find what works for you, to make you happy; and perhaps speaking with your gp or your parents or friends can help you and identify if there is a reason you are not currently aware of.

Crying is generally sadness, a form of release for something and it can be hard to identify the core issue; perhaps depression ; being scared (even for no reason).. coping mechanisms like doing something 'fun' with friends, or getting support from people who you can talk with, focusing on  'fun' projects can help. Our bodies are built for crying; when we are sad/ upset/ frightened; it is an emotion and it isnt a bad thing ;it can let us know when there is somethign we are perhaps not aware of we need to be addressing and by openign up to friends; keeping a diary and trying to identify all the concerns you have that may be contributing to this feeling; can help you in identifying measures to combat it...... we are all different; and we all get upset; even when there are no apparent reasons. (hormones) and suchlike..

Try listenign to music (your favourite), having a nice hot chocolate drink - which is quite comforting. Think about doing some exercise; getting fit and strong.. smile.

I hpe you can find supportive people to be around when you feel like this..

Keep a diary; and make it a masterpiece. smile..

• Posted

Hi shay-lee

You didn't mention your mum....have you spoken to her about it.....I think your not being able to sleep is stress and anxiety related due to what has been going on in your life regarding your dad having a stroke and your sister leaving home. Ask your iimum to make an appointment with your doctor or make an appointment with a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist who can help with how your feeling and thinking are affecting you right now especially with afraid of the night time and sleep.....there is help out there for you...start tomorrow with making an appointment with your doctor......hope this helps you and my best wishes to you shay-lee x

• Posted

Hi Shay-lee

Sweetheart thing's will get better, have you spoken to your sister about this? You said she has moved away, do you live with yr dad, where is yr mum? Sorry to have to ask such personal question's, would like to help.Are you alone or are you responsible for family.Stress can play a major role, sleep deprivation can mess with yr body's inbalance.Help from yr G.P or ask to see a nurse at yr G.P's.I have found them very helpful.It's fine to see the nurse just say that at this time, you are going through personal issues, they will point you in the right direction.Give it a go sweetheart stop suffering.If yr not feeling up to it could you get a friend maybe to call on yr behalf.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.