I keep getting tears in my vaginal area.. HELP!!!!

Posted , 26 users are following.

I was diagnosed with hepers simplex virus 1 but my outbreaks are on my opening of the vaginal area. My breakouts consist of alot of tears i talked to my obgyn and i asked her am i going to get these cuts every time i have sex because it seems i only get them when we have sex. The first time i waited a week after taking the acyclovir when my tears healed up and my partner and i tried being intimate but the tears appeared again so this time we waited about 3 weeks and same results i keep getting these cuts which my dr says the r outbreaks but im only getting them during sex which is very frustrating to say the least. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to my stituation and if so what info can you share.

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Created an account just to say i am SO GLAD i found this thread. i have been having the exact same issue for weeks and months and has been incredibly frustrating. thank you all for sharing, i have an appointment with my new gynecologist in two weeks, I’m hopping she understands my issue and helps me work through it, maybe with the cream as well. Will report back after the appointment

• Posted

Hey there, have you had any luck? I am currently experiencing the same thing.

• Edited

Hi all,

I too have type one and two but often get tears before I even get a chance to have sex.

Today I have a tiny tear inside another area at the top near my clit and have the opportunity with a new partner but have cancelled going over. It doesn’t hurt and I had to really search hard, in fact I filmed it with my phone to be able to see the tear as I couldn’t feel it was located where it was. I thought I might have a tear somewhere else. So it’s so tiny and feels so insignificant but I really don’t wanna change his life in this way as I’ve been diagnosed almost 15 years now so outbrakes are minor, if at all.

I’m really concerned that I am contagious with a tiny tear. Has anyone been able to test the broken skin in time to see if it’s an outbreak/contagious? Is anybody with a partner that isn’t positive and heard any updates of sex during an open tear.

I’ve also got chronic Bv as of the last five years and take U.K. version of femdopolis, which if too many of these probiotic pills are taken can result in an acidic environment which I had presumed was the reason for tears previously. I have been taking extra doses recently to speed up the balancing act but now I found this thread I’m starting to theorise in a different way and hopefully be safer.

What’s everybody’s thoughts on the tears being a contagious thing?

• Posted

i tested positive for hsv2 in 2021 and only had a breakout because i had the flu and i guess low immune system breaks you out. my bf is negative for hsv1 and 2 and we have sex while i have tears and he hasnt contracted the virus so far. we have been dating for 7 months since i tested positive but we first had sex 2 years ago. i know that there is a higher to contract the virus while you have open wounds and im sure you know that too but idk if these tears are actual herpes and we are shedding the virus while we have them or of theyre just a side effect we get from having sex because we have herpes. but i think its better to be safe and not have sex with anyone if you have tears just in case, unless you both consent.

• Edited

Hello everyone and i want to say what a godsend this forum has been.

My story: i got the flu back in July of 2021 and i guess that woke up dormant hsv2 i must of had, it was also my first outbreak. It didnt look like clusters, it looked like a streak tear. But i did test positive for the hsv2.

I started dating my now boyfriend at the end of July and decided to go back on the depo shot. My vagina started off being really tight and painful during sex and then back in sept or October i started getting the vaginal tears just like the main post says. my vagina has also been very very dry and i blame the birth control for that. I get tears every time i have sex no matter if i let it heal or not just like some other ladies mentioned in their posts. the tears look just like my first outbreak of hsv2 but the tears are longer and theres more of them, and if i have sex more than one day in a row i get more tears on the lower part of my vagina opening just above the perineum area between vagina and anus. It is Soooo painful i don't even want to have sex anymore. I just wanted to share my story and im so happy to know that im not alone in this because i was thinking the worst, like lichen sclerosis or vagina atrophy or cancer. I saw someone post about estrogen cream to strengthen the soft skin and ill have go get an apt and see what my doctor says.

• Posted

I have searched and searched for info regarding these tears in relation to HSV but there's really nothing on it on the internet. Then I came across this thread and I was so happy! I have had HSV for 19 years. I started having these small hairlike tears in the clitoris hood and between my labia majora and minora several yrs ago. I finally got fed up with them stinging, being so uncomfortable and the somewhat itchy feeling and went to my gyno. I really got no answer but she never mentioned any possible relation to HSV. Now here I am in the same boat. I had the flu 2 months ago. My area downtown hasnt been right since. Went bk to the gyno for the tears again but saw a diff provider. She immediately told me she only sees these tears in women with HSV. She did a culture but it came bk inconclusive. I was rx'd Valtrex as well as an Acyclovir topical cream and Lidocaine to numb the area. I have been using all 3 of these for almost 2 weeks with minor relief in my labia area but no relief in the hood of my clitoris. I dont want to hv sex bc it seems to only make it worse. I seem to think that it may of possibly been getting better and then I had sex and it possibly tore that cut bk open where it had started healing. I messaged my provider and was told to continue the creams and increase the lidocaine to numb the area. I dont want to just numb it- I WANT TO FIND A SOLUTION TO IT HEALING!!!! It's 2022 and there should be way more info and studies done to help us out. It's bad enough that we carry this life long sentence of having HSV but to know that we can't get help when we need it is awful.

• Posted

So sorry to hear this. I know how frustrating this is. Have you found any solutions since then?

• Posted

hey, any updates here? i’ve been suffering from the exact same thing. was diagnosed with herpes type 2 2 years ago and ever since every time I have sex, I get a tear and then go to get tested and it shows negative for herpes but that’s where I had my first outbreak to begin with. I went to many different urgent cares and docs to give me some sort of solution they gave me some steroid cream, and then estrogen cream but nothing helps. I even waited a whole month before I had sex went to the doctor. Ask if I was fine. If there’s any tears they told me that no everything is fine and then I had sex right after I got a tear. so basically it’s a never ending cycle and every time I’m scared that it’s an outbreak without really knowing if it is. but the doctors keep telling me you can’t get outbreaks every time I have sex. so im still looking to find a doctor who can help. Im very frustrated.

• Edited

hey all

feeling so reassured having found this thread. i found out i had HSV2 in feb of this year. its been very difficult to come to terms with. i am on valacyclovir because i thought every time i had sex i had an outbreak which didnt seem right, as for most people they have an outbreak for a short period then it clears up with a short course of medication. i have opted to be on suppressive therapy, 2x valacyclovir every day and STILL i was having what i thought were 'outbreaks' every time i had sex , until i came across this thread. i searched for answers as they are little tears rather than ulcers ... and it happens on my perineum / opening of my vagina in the same place every time.. sometimes tears on my clitoris area and they sting when i pee. i am left fearing that i have passed on the HSV every time i have sex with my partner, but before we have sex i am absolutely fine, then the next day - or sometimes even hours after- i get these small painful tears. i dont know what to do!

• Posted

hi,

i just got diagnosed 4 weeks ago and experienced a vaginal tear that hasnt healed since. my bf and i have tried to be intimate since, but we stop bc of my discomfort. have any of you been taking l lysine supplements for hsv and still been having vaginal tearing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.