I keep waking in the night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys.

Last couple of nights I have been waking up around 2/4 am, with a sort of hot flush, then I panic and I sweat.

I'm really scared and don't know what's going on?

None of my clothes or bedding is wet, it's just me.

Any1 understand what it is?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you diabetic or hypoglycaemic? It could be low blood sugar. It could be anxiety.
    • Posted

Underlying anxiety can cause night sweats. It could also be having on too many clothes or too much covers. I get night sweats that are hormonal. I'm only 25 but all the women in my family went through it so it doesn't alarm me anymore, just annoying. Do you have congestion? That could

Be the sore throat. It's that time of year! As for diarrhea and dark urine.. Not a doubt in my mind that that is dehydration. 99% of the time dark urine is caused by dehydration. It's actually kind of nice to know when you need water. You should drink half your body weight in ounces(sorry I'm american) daily. For instance I am about 146 lbs and I make sure to drink at least 73 ounces of water a day. Usually more

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

It's strange, 4 days ago I had consterpation then followed by 3 days of diarrhoea. About 20 mins ago I struggled to go to the toilet again (this time no diarrhoea) sorry to be so up front.

I really don't understand.

I had a chest infection around the 5/12/14 and this lasted nearly 2 weeks. It it possible to get a sore throat this quick after getting over the chest infection?

Iv never had this before.

My anxiety was ok today, but I'm still worried about the sore throat, because the doctor said he could feel or see anything.

I'm confused and worried that I have somthing horrible inside me.

• Posted

I have had IBS my whole life and can tell you that its either feast or famine. I won't go for several days and then will go several times in one day. The stomach is one of the most common parts of our bodies that are affected by anxiety.

The chest infection was 8 months ago...

I've had several sinus infections in a year, so yes it is likely a head cold. That's usually the first sign-- a sore throat. I wouldn't worry at all about that. Especially this time of year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.