I knew I would be right!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Taken from Rightsnet (web forum used by Welfare Rights Officers)

Client has a PIP award to run from 29/4/15 - 28/4/17. Award made by appeal tribunal on 16/9/15 DWP advised “because of the length of time the claiming process can take, we are asking people to complete renewal forms a year before their award ends… if the form is not returned the award will end”..... that’s exactly the same situation a client recently found herself in. Second tribunal in less than a year in relation to the same issue. PIP refused, appeal allowed, PIP renewed, PIP refused, tribunal allowed…. client has serious mental health diagnosis and the progress of events did nothing to help her condition.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What a waste of money and stuffing for the person disgusting way too treat sick people
  • Posted

It's sick! frown
    • Posted

Yes I agree it is sick, but true.

That was the main reason I didn't go for the transfer over to PIP having been in receipt of Indefinite DLA (High Mobility/Middle Care) since late 1994.

I just couldn't face the future that PIP brings with it.  

• Posted

They are for the over 16's and anybody that was under 65 on the 8th April 2013.

I was 65 in June 2013 hence why they made me the offer of a lifetime when I was 67!!!

For those that are just 2 months older than me, they get to keep their DLA entiltement for as long as they qualify.

• Posted

Oh I see! Well thank you for helping those of us who are under 65 and facing PIP! confused
    • Posted

I know how you feel.

But for you and everybody else that is facing the PIP inquisition you do have a choice.like I had - you can politely telll the DWP where they can put their PIP offer!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.