I know have depression and its getting worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel like I'm trapped in my own life. Everybody I've either loved or cared about has walked out on me. My dad didn't want me, my mom only kept me around for child support checks & tax refunds. My 2 brothers treated me like a chore and always told me because I had a different dad then them I didn't matter. I never had luck with girls. I'm 34 no friends and worst of all a virgin. I feel like not getting out of bed anymore, that I'm trash. Some nights I just cry knowing I'll never have sex or have friends. What did I do in life that was so horrible to deserve a s****y family and nobody that loves me. I keep thinking if I died nobody would give a s**t.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

get yourself motavited,get to the gym or buy some weights,get some self confidence then take the world on,head on,never let any1 get you down ,your as good as any1 else and dont be told otherwise,let me know if you join the gym ,so forth,message me i will help you out if i can
  • Posted

Hello Rob. I am so sad hearing how much you are suffering and for so long. Rob have you been to a counselor for some therapy and maybe some antidepressants as you sound very depressed to me? I think if you are open to it there is help out there for you. Will you keep us posted? Diane
  • Posted

You may not have people around you right now that love you but there will be some that care and would miss you. You are the only one you can control,  start to love yourself. Small steps... start by doing something healthy for yourself joining a gym is a great idea if that seems too daunting start with an internet exercise  video   Do that till you feel confident enough to go to a gym. Most have a free two week trial start there. Get a new haircut. Just make some small healthy changes.  Know you are not alone in your suffering.  Deb
  • Posted

Hi Rob - no wonder you are feeling like you are. Your life has been built on rejection. We can't change what has happened and how others behave. We only have control over ourselves. You need help. Call the doctor and make an appointment to discuss how you are feeling. Medications may be prescribed. They will take 3-8 weeks to work and are a tool used to help balance your mood. Tell the doc that you have had a poor start in life and it has affected who you are now. A referral should be supplied for a counsellor/therapist or psychologist where you can discuss things deeply in a safe environment, learn about yourself. coping skills and how to recognise and deal with any triggers. It will take time but will be well worth the effort. It's time to wrest control of your life from those who have crippled you. Take their power away. Become the self sufficient, confident, productive human being you were born to be. It won't be easy - but it will get easier. Meanwhile we are always here to talk. We know how you feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.