I know some will roll their eyes...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I have a bit of a problem I am going through with my mind running in the possibility I contracted HIV. Based on my extensive research I have done, I am quite certain I am in the safezone, but was not able to find anyone with the same situation I had. The other night, I was at a strip club, and a girl offered me a lap dance. After the first, she said lets do it again, but then she started to kiss me. They weren't deep kisses or anything, but a few times she bit my lip quite hard to where it actually hurt and I had to say stop. I remember waking up in the morning and seeing a tiny cut on the top of my lip from where she bit and it had me worried. I didn't know this girl at all, and since it was dark, I don't know the status of her mouth. Worst case scenario, if she was HIV+ and she had a bloody lip herself, and it touched my newly formed bloody lip, could I have contracted HIV? I know kissing isn't a way to get HIV, but if it was blood to blood on the lips, is there a possibility? The cut was very small, and within 48 hours had already completely healed up. I appreciate any feedback on this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You're right...NO QUESTIONS OR HESITATING in my book! GET TESTED IMMEDIATELY! And because HIV can stay dormant for up to 10 yrs, test every single yr!!

Sorry to worry you but if it were Mr, you bet yur ass I'd be getting tested!!

• Posted

What you mean the virus is dorman for up to 10 years? You mean if one was infected with HIV, his tests can be negative after 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, ... 9 years?  What I know is that after 6 months of possible infection the test is definitive. Or that is wrong?
  • Posted

HI after reading your situation I am sure u will be fine if I was you I would go and have a hiv test to put your mind at rest but u have to wait a month after exposure to do this as it will not show up strait away if your test comes back negative after the 1 month test this is 97 percent accurate then u go again after 3 months just to get the final.seal on the negative. Do not goole anything as you will convince your self you have somthing and u will drive your self crazy I no I've done it my self. I'm sure u will be fine.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

I'm not rolling my eyes since I have been in similar situations.  I think you might have gotten lucky since soliva helps distroy the HIV virus; but you never know until you get tested.

My concern for you is that based on your scenerio you are putting yourself in harms way heading for a stone wall that you might not outsmart.  It happened to a friend of mine who thought he could dodge the virus and lost.

I would take a serious look at your need to hang out were there is a high probablity of HIV transmission.  It's hard to hang out in such places and not be turn on to go further.  It's like driving drunk with the substance being lust/sex, etc.

I don't know you but I would hate to have you experience what my friend experienced.  HIV is truely lifie changing, but, not for the better.

My best,

DL

• Posted

I'd say there is next to no chance you have contracted anything. Even if this person was + they would most likey be on meds with a zero viral load not to mention the chances that they had a fresh wound bleeding and it touched yours .. It just doesn't seem at all likely. The virus can't even survive well in the mouth. 

If you're really concerned goto your doctor and explain you had a risky encounter and they might put you on PEP..

PEP stands for post-exposure prophylaxis. It means taking antiretroviral medicines (ART) after being potentially exposed to HIV to prevent becoming infected. PEP must be started within 72 hours after a recent possible exposure to HIV, but the sooner you start PEP, the better.

• Posted

Thank you I appreciate your feedback! Out of curiosity, what types of cuts even have access to the bloodstream for which HIV is transmitted? The cut the I had from the bite was quite small, in that 36 hours it didn't even show on my lip. It was cut on the underside of the lip facing my teeth.

Everyone seems to say something different about this. Is this type of cut considered superficial? Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Sam, I think that you can relax. Sounds like some hot & heavy lustful kissing.  More than likely you've contracted absolutely nothing. Getting bit in the mist of it happens now & then.  If it was healed a day or so later with no major symptoms, you're good. However, you might wanna be careful who you kiss next time you go to the strip club.  It'll keep your mind at ease. Just some food for thought! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.