I Know What I Haven't Got!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Several years ago I fell heavily onto my chest. My sternum was bruised but consultation with the doctor consisted of, 'does that hurt?' and my reply, 'Ouch!'

A while later I had this strange sensation in my chest, reminded me of a portcullis dropping and then it went. The next day, it happened again and this time it stayed. If I ate anything my digestive system didn't like, the sensation, which felt more like a belt, would tighten. Many on the internet appeared to have the same problem but no one had found an answer.

Over time I had to stop eating fruit, except bananas, dairy, potatoes,anything spicy and limit my sugar and salt intake. I had a number of blood tests, all of which found nothing. I have however been diagnosed with COPD, although since the test have found that it was apparently administered incorrectly??

Over the months certain things have changed. I have the band permanently but also react to foods with a burning in my back. I also get very hot at times. I have no pain just uncomfortable sensations and at times difficulty in breathing, worsened oddly enough by sitting on a recliner. What is even more odd is that when I lie down it all goes!

If anyone recognizes any of the above I would be eternally grateful for your input.

Leajayse

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has costochondritis ever been mentioned? I have had costochondritis and it is very painful to touch. This condition can result from an injury to the ribcage area and is specifically inflammation of the cartillage in the ribcage. Is the burning sensation heartburn or is the burning exclusively in your back? You may have injured nerves which can cause a burning sensation. This is called neuropathy. Gastritis can cause food intolerance and breathing difficulties but breathing problems may also be a result of the injury. I would go back to your doctor and ask about the conditions I have mentioned. Ask for a chest X Ray and an endoscopy to look for gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach lining.

• Posted

How were you able to heal costochondritis? Did you take medicines?

• Posted

Hi Leajayse,

I think you just need to give it some time to heal. In such cases the damage sometimes is not visible outside obviously. And till the time it does not heal, any type of normal life style physical stress over it stops it from healing or adds up more time to heal. You might be needing a lot of bed rest which I understand is not possible in today's lifestyle. So it's just taking time. Try to get as much rest as possible. Avoid sitting work or do it by laying down to provide maximum rest.

A long time ago while I was sitting in a car a speed breaker just jumped the car. And my body went up and settled down on my butts squeezing my stomach. I did not notice it that time but it took around 7 days to heal it properly. I was not able to eat anything between that period

• Posted

Many thanks for your replies. My accident happened several years ago so it surely would have healed by now. As I said, I don't have any pain just major discomfort which changes from burning to a tightness across my back to match the tightness across the front. Another oddity, I don't get indigestion or heartburn and yet for years suffered both a lot.

I'm considering seeing a chiropractor to check my bones to make sure that nothing is out of alignment.

Thanks again

Leajayse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.