I know what triggers my Gout.... but what are the alternatives?

Posted , 4 users are following.

1) Soda and sugar flavored juice. Whenever I go nuts and drink too much.... GOUT. But I can't help it, I crave sugary drinks or I go crazy. So what are the alternatives? Diet soda? Flavored water? 

2) Beef and shrimp. Few months ago I lost my mind and ate 10 pounds of Korean BBQ & shrimp in a couple days and got the worst Gout attack of my life in both feet that lasted for 2 painful months. So what are the alternatives to beef and shrimp? 

3) Losing weight too fast. Recently I lost 10 pounds in 1 week and boom got GOUT again. My weight actually fluctuates 10-15 pounds because I tend to over exercise some days while not eating much due to a condition I have called Exercise-Induced Anaphylaxis. It can literally kill me if I exercise soon after eating. So what are the alternatives? 

4) Not drinking enough water. I can drink soda like a fish but I find water to be boring and a chore almost. So what are the alternatives? Flavored water or does it have to be plain water which I can't stand?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Zee88

I'm no dosctor but it seems to me that you suffer fro a lot more problems than gout. your going NUTS cravings for sugary drinks seems to allude to something more mental than physical; and why would anybody want ot eat 10lbs of Korean BBQ (whatever thaq might be) and shrimp; wich i asume you mean to us t'other side of the pond to be prawns? Also, if yoiur lifelstyle is as chaotic as the previous implies, then how the hell does anybody lose 10 lbs in weight in a week; Im  doubtful that anybody could lose than much in a week even if they'd stitched their mouth up. As to not drinking enough water: well if it's only boredom that's the problem, then I think you need to pop aling and explain all this behaviour to your medical practitioner prettytout suite.

Best of luck!

David

• Posted

That's crazy, sugary drinks are horrible. I prefer beer, cider or wine, and have no ill effects as long as I tale Allupirinol. I am a vegie which helps, so this is your answer. Stop eating dead animals, have a few alcoholic drinks and take the drugs. It works for me perfectly 

• Posted

I agree. Take allopurinol, and live a normal life. Your vegetarianism is in fact a tribute to vegetarianism not working for gout - the vast majority of purines are produced by our bodies, not by what we ingest. What is working for you is the allopurinol.
  • Posted

Why not just take allopurinol and get on with enjoying your prawns?
  • Posted

I strongly suggest cider. Noty only does it constitute one of your five a day, it makes you feel happier and doesn't make your gout flair up. Sugary drinks are for kids, leave them alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.