I lied to my doc about taking meds, thyroid level perfect

Posted , 4 users are following.

In November my doc increased my levothyroxine from 88 mcg to .1 mcg. I haven't taken any of my pills this whole time, and my lab just showed level is perfect. I lied to my M.D. about taking them. How is this possible? Oh, and I am sooo symptomatic

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would tell your doctor that you did not take them.It may show up the next blood test.It can be a tricky little thyroid.Sometimes mine is perfect then the next one it goes high. Can not cool around with this.
  • Posted

Well, start by coming clean with your doc, or get another doc. Why did you get the medication in the first place? Why did you not take it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.