I little bit of positivity :)

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all well as the title says a little bit of positivity and hope 😃 after the worst 9 months of my life. after haveing a panic attack and then becoming extremely anxious and fearful of panic. I think their is light at the end of the tunnle. now I'm not better yet not buy any means. but I feel like I'm.getting their and it feels good 😃 after being so fearful and so anxious for 9 months. it actually feels weird to feel normal. but I'm now back at work. and going out the house daily. things are looking up. I'm on 50mg of sert. I did go up to 75 but found it way to high. so I went back to 50 and I think im slowly but surely getting better.. so if your having a hard time I promise it will get better. and together we will beat this just stay strong and think positive 😃

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ryan.

How wonderful that you are so much better on 50mg. sertraline. congratulations .

I said I wasn't coming on until I was 100%. but just had to say well done to you.

Im now on 125mg sert. and just beginning to feel less panic and more enjoying things.

I started on 50mg last Sept and gradually increased.

so everyone if you don't make it on low dose don't worry you will get there everyone need different dose.. depends on how low their Seratonin is and circumstances around you stress etc.

Iv read feed the Vegus Nerve in stomac to help brain calms etc . Probiotics etc.

yogart with Bacilia (spelt wrong).

Google vegus nerve for info.

Love. light and mental healing

• Posted

So nice to read this and really pleased for you. hope I can say the same in a few months.

• Posted

things do get worse before they get better. I have been on sert 13 weeks now. the first 11 wear terrible 😦. but stick with it. you will get better..

• Posted

Great news Ryan, keep fighting on. I'm back at work to. 😊

• Posted

nice buddy:) it's been ok for me a bit of normality back in my life 😃

• Posted

That's great to hear, and gives people searching for a positive word some reassurance! I took zoloft years ago (a couple times) and it worked great for me, and I don't remember it taking that long either before I felt it was working. But like a lot of people I made the mistake of going off of it once I felt better and had to go back on a few times now. Well, this time around I decided to try something different (citalopram) and have spent the past 16 weeks waiting and it hasn't helped. So now I will ask the doctor if I can go back on the zoloft once again.

All I can say is, once you find something that works and you feel good and are able to function stick with it! Especially if this isn't your first time down.

• Posted

hey 😃 well before I was on sert I had 21 weeks on the poison that citalopram 😦 if anything it made me worst. so I switched to sert and now feeling ok 😃

• Posted

I have to agree, I waited it out for 16 weeks now and I also believe that its made me feel worse, and some days I feel just as bad as before I started. I feel I have given it plenty of time to work too. Ah well the only way you can know with these meds is to try because at the beginning its more of a guessing game. I've already called the doctor about switching back to zoloft, he had suggested it at my last appointment anyway so it shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.