I live in statesville nc. I have someone in my family that has these symptoms, can anyone refer a dr

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anybody know a doctor in the Statesville nc area that they would refer

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Statesville isn't such a small town, really.  In 2010 it had a population of  24,633?.  According to a bit of research, it even has more than one hospital in the area.  I may be proved wrong, but I don't think there is much chance of anyone from Statesville hanging around this forum to give a referral, though.  The person with the symptoms needs to ask the family physician for a referral to a gastroenterologist--or the family doctor can send the person to one of those hospitals [probably the one called a "medical center"] for a barium swallow test, if that is indicated.

• Posted

I have heard of people travelling across country to get treatment. As Jane mentioned, your gastroenterlogist would know. In my case, my gastroenterologist sent me to Phili which was near me as there was none such doctor in entire Delaware. Good Luck. I hope you wouldn't have to travel much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.