I live in United States and I can't get Selinecro

Posted , 3 users are following.

I want to try Selinecro and it is not allowed in the United States.  When I first heard about the tab on this forum I did not consider it because I have to live on $800.00 a month so did not even bother checking.  Now this site has convinced me to try it when I get a job.  Now I found it is not approved in US.  Why and How can I get it.  Or is there another similar one approved for US?  If it works why won't it get approved here.  My feelings are they want alcoholics money and to let them die to depopulate us.  What can I do.  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

The alternative is Naltrexone, which your doctor would be able to prescribe. Nalmefene (Selincro) is a new drug which is thought to be a little more effective and more gentle on the liver.

The Sinclair Method was developed using Naltrexone. You would need liver function tests (blood tests) to check if it was ok to prescribe it for you, but you ought to be able to get it.

The biggest issue is, as you say, the lack of knowledge among doctors and the agenda of the rich treatment centres who make a lot of money from rehab which they could never hope to make with a medical treatment like The Sinclair Method.

• Posted

Thanks Paul I didn't see your reply till after I wrote the other reply.  I can't agree with the lack of knowledge of doctors.  They send people to the moon and back.  I am definitely going to check into getting this alternative tab.  The kudzu is working but I followed it up with an antabuse to be safe.  I hate antabuse and what it does to the liver.  I have to not drink and get a job before I lose everything.  But if I get a job I can afford another $100.00 doctor appointment plus the medication.  I am so behind on bills.  I just don't think I could survive if I didn't have alcohol every now and then cause I hate life sober and drunk.  
    • Posted

Hi Paul, as mentioned before - I have copied and pasted some of these posts to take to my consellor. It can take quite a while to do this, so would appreciate if you could help speed up this process by a suggestion to Alan (moderator) to add a PRINT function to the website (without the adds or unnecessary items). Maybe he is already reading this and could respond.

Thanks to you both, Tim

• Posted

Well, I am a member like you, Tim and don't have any special treatment beyond what you get. Hopefully he will see this smile

In the meantime, if you paste into Notepad or any basic text program, it comes out as pure text and you only need to remove the odd 'smile.' Then you can paste a cleaned up version into whatever program you want to.

• Posted

I agree about the knowledge of doctors in most circumstances, Candis. However, when it comes to alcohol, the knowledge and attitude is terrible. In medical school, they learn that alcohol problems are totally behavioural. It takes a vast number to be open to a change of thinking and that isn't easy to achieve.

Any doctor that prescribes Antabuse to a person these days needs striking off, in my view. There are much safer alternatives and Antabuse is seriously dangerous.

• Posted

Hi Tim,

I'll pass this on to the developers but copy and paste is the easiest way to print for now.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

I meant they want alcoholics money because they criminalize alcoholism by DUI's and all the mental issues that alcoholics tend to have.  they also have major treatment centers that cost tons of money and then the pharmacolgy department making money by anti depressants and tranquilizers.  ect. 
    • Posted

I have to agree with people being criminalised for drinking and driving. That is the only way to keep our streets safer than they would be if people were just allowed to drive while intoxicated.

As for charging people large amounts for ineffective treatment. That is criminal, in itself.

• Posted

Check out the cthreeeurope "dot" com website for "finding a physician link" in your country.

I did and now I have been doing a lot of letter writing, etc.

Good luck Candis

• Posted

Thank you Tim very much.  I keep following your progress with the kudzu and private messaged you to see how you were doing.  I don't think you got the message. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.