I live with debilitating depression. I'm think my Psychiatrist is over prescribing medications.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel horrible. My Depression is ruling my life. My Psychiatrist since February has had me take a rollercoaster of medications. Sleeping wasn't a major problem. I am now taking 30 mg of Bellsomra. I am taking as directed Trentellix 10 mg & Seroquel XR 50 mg in the morning. I'm taking Remron 45 mg at night. Can't function. Psychiatrist's office doesn't call back. See her Friday if I make it. Help? Suggestions?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cynthia, I am so sorry that you are going through a rough time. I'm not a doctor, but when I knew that I was consuming to much meds I cut back. I didn't like feeling like a zombie, sleeping all day and night. Also, I went to the emergency room and spoke with a doctor there. Even though he didn't say that I was over medicated, he did say that it would probably help if I didn't take all of the medicine as I had been instructed. We are here for you so keep us posted. Take care of yourself and be sure to tell your doctor what the meds are doing to you. Mina🙏

• Posted

Maybe you should see another psychiatrist for a second opinion. I did it and am I did it because the new psychiatrist has helped me a lot. good luck and god bless
  • Posted

Thank you both for you time and knowledge.  I know my gut feeling is telling me, this is not the Psychiatrist for me. At the risk of sounding like a total complainer, I am also leery of Psychiatrist shopping once again. 
  • Posted

A friend of mine has been on 40mg of prozac for years and drinking every day. He has changed from a decent person to a selfish ignorant person and telling lies etc. I have been told he has probably got anhedonia as he has lost interest in everything and finds pleasure in nothing but with alcohol. Is this possible?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.