I Look Burnt

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had eczema as a small child and it cleared up until i became pregnant with my second child.. and it seemed to come back angrier than ever.. i have tryed so many creams ointments antibiotics and steroids and nothing is helping.. my skin looks as tho iv been in a fire.. most days after putting my cream on i can hardly move without cracking and being in real pain.. its raw.. anti itch tabkets havent really helped either.. if you can please help and give me ither suggestions what i can try.. i have totally had enough 

Thanks xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Eczema and psoriasis are very closely related. I have now joined the National Psoriasis Foundation. From there I joined inspire.com. It is a forum whereby members try and 'inspire' others by sharing experiences, suggesting solutions and remedies that have been tried and tested. Whilst it is acknowledged that every individual's situation is diffferent, it is very interesting to see what works for some people. I am having phototherapy for psoriasis at the moment and as soon as that is finished I am going to try the vitamin approach. There are thousands of postings and you need to persevere working your way through the mountain of information. If it is any help I have done this and there is a very interesting post 'real hope' by Flintchick and 'And his jaw dropped' by Dakota23. There's is  similar theme bu there are hundreds of post which are very interesting. Let me know how you get on, I wish you luck.
  • Posted

I have sent a response to your post but it has not been passed as yet as it needs to be looked at by a moderator because I included a website that I found both valuable and helpful!! If you don't receive this soon please let me know. Best wishes. 
  • Posted

Hi Kirstylou

Sometimes it's useful to change antihistamine as it's possible they can become less effective over time. Maybe also try allergy testing, as there could be food or something in your environment which is causing inflammation. There could be something in the creams which is causing inflammation also, either the active ingredient or the carrier substance.

​Relaxation techniques can also help. Some people find bathing in epsom or Dead Sea salt baths soothing.

You may be having a reaction to steroid ointments. Some people complain of worsening eczema after starting to use steroid ointments and the burning can often indicate this. There is a lot of information on topical steroid withdrawal on the Internet and support groups available on line. 

Hope you find the cause of your problem. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the help im at the doctors yet again today so il mention this and hopefully it helps.. will keep updated.. thanks again xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.