I lost my PIP tribunal and am in shock!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I lost my PIP appeal for mobility problems which have got worse over 20 years. I have always had a Motability car and the full points needed. However, I was asked to go for an assessment out of the blue. I was then informed that I have been given standard rate mobility instead of High rate which I have always had.At the Tribunal the Judge was not interested in everyday tasks she was more interested in the holiday I had been on but would not let me explain about the holiday details. There were reasons I never took my wheelchair but they didn't want to hear that. Nor did they let me explain that I never went out a lot on holiday with the rest of the family. Then I was asked why didn't I use the electronic buggy/trolley in supermarkets and why didn't I drive an automatic car!!!!!Has anyone every tried to use one of these trollies. The basket is far too far away for me. As for driving a manual car, I find it better to drive as you still have some sort of movement instead of sitting in the one position all the time - I cannot use an electric toothbrush because I am in the same position all the time!!!!It is straining!!!!!!

So after 20 years having a Motability car I am now housebound as I cannot get out and use public transport and basically have a life.

I have asked for written decisions but have now found out I can only appeal again on the law!!!!How unfair is this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about you"re loss. You done right asking for written explanation. I know not all mobility cars are auto"s, so do they. What made them think you do not use electric buggy in supermarkets! Gives me the impression the judge is bias against disabled people. Tricky one this. Good luck

• Posted

Hi,

My sympathies concerning your pip award. I also lost my mobility award, by two points. It is my opinion that the accessors may be making unfounded decisions regarding driving while disabled, and possibly under the influence of prescribed drugs, and taking it upon themselves to remove what they may see as dangerous drivers off the roads. If you can drive a manual gearbox vehicle, then it goes without saying, that you can carry out all everyday movements of your upper body and therefore do not qualify for full 12 points award for mobility vehicle. Oh what a lovely world they live in.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Tracey, I am so sorry to hear about your problems with claiming for this dreaded PIP & your health problems too? I have gone through a very similar ordeal. I was claiming Mobility allowance which then went to DLA, I was apparently given the mobility allowance for life until this change over to pip, then I was told I was only given mobility allowance for " the life of the benefit itself " therefore whenever it changes it's name, I have to re-claim the new 'named' benefit?!! The DWP have us where they want us, whichever way we turn! I am now claiming for PIP on my 4th attempt after only getting 4x points for mobility and 4x points for care? You are so right in saying that it's totally unfair, especially on the "point of law" if we are having to survive on these measly benefits how can we afford to get a proper solicitor to check our points of law now that legal aid is no longer available to people on benefits? The assessment we get is by either Atos/Capita/Maximus (I think that's what the last one is called?) All these are now known to have been told by the DWP to only put a certain number of claims through & they only get paid for the ones they DON'T put through?!! I was actually told this by a G.P? This government doesn't care about us or what we are being put through or the consequences of their decisions on some of us? It's disgusting how they are treating us now! Sorry, rant over. Good luck with your appeal or your new claim, whichever you decide to do?

• Posted

Thank you Angie. The thing is I was given full points in Feb 2018 until June2011 but I was sent a letter in October 2018 asking if there have been any changes which I replied no. Then I was asked to go for another assessment in November last year. After that they dropped my points!!! So unfair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.